• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BC Link with wireless earbuds?

A

an171

Nov 6, 2009
Myself and my riding buddies have the BC Link Radios. Last year we ended up hooking up earbuds to the radios so we could hear better without removing our helmets. It is kind of a pia to have the wire connected to my ear connected to my backpack. I have been doing some looking and see that I can get a Bluetooth transmitter and then some wireless earbuds. Does anyone have any opinions on if this will work or has anyone tried it? Thanks for any help.
Andy

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
That is a good question. I would love to have wireless ear buds for my BC link radio. I think your best bet would be to call BCA, but from what I see on their website there is no Bluetooth connectivity.

Ryan

blastco2

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2012
se idaho
Interference from other electronic devices is very difficult to predict. I would guess that most interference comes from the micro processors in our electronic devices. From what little I know about bluetooth, it must be very dependent on micro processors. This type of interference is very weak. A few feet to a few yards. So, this means that, your gps, phone, 2 way radio, bluetooth, ecm, gauges, ect, all have the potential to cause problems in a beacon search. :thumb:

http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en.../consumer-two-way-radios/m-series/mu350r.html

This GMRS Radio has Bluetooth built in, and will work with other radios like BCA. You can then buy a PTT button that is also Bluetooth and mount on your handlebars, backpack strap, etc.... The Bluetooth helmet headsets can be found for $35 on Ebay. I have had mine for 3 yrs and I gotta say its sweet having tunes while you ride.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en.../consumer-two-way-radios/m-series/mu350r.html

This GMRS Radio has Bluetooth built in, and will work with other radios like BCA. You can then buy a PTT button that is also Bluetooth and mount on your handlebars, backpack strap, etc.... The Bluetooth helmet headsets can be found for $35 on Ebay. I have had mine for 3 yrs and I gotta say its sweet having tunes while you ride.

That's great for trail riding I guess. I wouldn't be willing to risk interference in avy terrain though. Just not worth it. See the post above.

I rely heavily on my two way radio, but it stays in my riser bag. I use an external Motorola ptt mike, can hear it while riding if someone is talking and it's hassle free to access and use.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
If you decide to not go wireless/bluetooth, I use a system that has helmet speakers and microphone that works great and isn't intrusive or uncomfortable at all! Works so well that you can hear someone clearly at full throttle with an SLP pipe.

Cost of the radio and helmet speaker mic is less than $60. You can sell your BCA's and come out ahead.

L
Nov 18, 2014
CDA, ID
If you decide to not go wireless/bluetooth, I use a system that has helmet speakers and microphone that works great and isn't intrusive or uncomfortable at all! Works so well that you can hear someone clearly at full throttle with an SLP pipe.

Cost of the radio and helmet speaker mic is less than $60. You can sell your BCA's and come out ahead.

I'd be interested to hear more about your setup.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
We've got Fire Fox throat mics, ear piece and a PTT button wire in our sleeve into the glove.

They work pretty well.

Premium Features