• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boost it viper freaking rocks!!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
In revy for yammi fest and hooked up with NM and Chris(pro am) and the gang. I had to borrow buddies 13 pro with a 900 carls cycle big bore which is fantastic, but this new viper just blows that thing out of the snow. the throttle response is night and day compared to my cr mcx nytro. Crisp and clean. at 8-9 pds boost it will outrun my mcx nytro at 17 pds boost. Makes September even longer to wait for my new sled to come in now.

going to try the mpi 180 kits tomorrow.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
yah they make some serious power for only 12lbs of boost,i had to keep looking at the boost gauge felt like 16lbs on my old nytro.:face-icon-small-coo

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Too much sled for you.....:canada::pop2:

In revy for yammi fest and hooked up with NM and Chris(pro am) and the gang. I had to borrow buddies 13 pro with a 900 carls cycle big bore which is fantastic, but this new viper just blows that thing out of the snow. the throttle response is night and day compared to my cr mcx nytro. Crisp and clean. at 8-9 pds boost it will outrun my mcx nytro at 17 pds boost. Makes September even longer to wait for my new sled to come in now.

Last edited:
L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta

now imagine adding 50 more hp in a good chasis like the viper, nytro not a very good chasis..mcx at 270-300hp will be insane in that chasis also.. good to hear turbos are all working well, nice to have some choices for us all..

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Too much sled for you.....:canada::pop2:

almost felt like it. Shawn, beauty of it is that my nytro is sold and have one snowchecked. how's your nytro, any bites yet??

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
now imagine adding 50 more hp in a good chasis like the viper, nytro not a very good chasis..mcx at 270-300hp will be insane in that chasis also.. good to hear turbos are all working well, nice to have some choices for us all..

did you get a chance to demo a viper yet? If not, your gonna like it.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Yeah I'm sure they are night and day difference compared to the nytro. No luck selling nytro yet. Bought a 13 pro though. Spring riding unit. Told the wife it's hers. Lol.

almost felt like it. Shawn, beauty of it is that my nytro is sold and have one snowchecked. how's your nytro, any bites yet??

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah I'm sure they are night and day difference compared to the nytro. No luck selling nytro yet. Bought a 13 pro though. Spring riding unit. Told the wife it's hers. Lol.

Now that you have the pro you gotta do the same thing scooter did with his wife. Turbo it but tell her there is a can on it. Bout laughed my sac off when he told me that. She won the women's hill climb with her new can that weekend.

Pro is a pretty wicked sled eh?

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Why do the vipers go so good on low boost ?Is it because of no head shim?

that and water to air setup. You gotta ride one to believe it, but they just work. I rode swensons sled with mcx kit right after and his sled rips, but the boost it kit is soo responsive. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but good to say about mxc kits. I owned 7 of them and never had one issue with them.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
with the water to air you can get away with so much more because your intake temps start cool & never really climb above 60f even in a really long pull.a air to air intercooler needs air flowing over the intercooler to cool it & half the time the hood is covered in snow, so no air flow & very little cooling.so now after running for a bit the intercooler gets warm & so does the air intake,which means your cylider temps go up & so does the chance of deto & you make less power.the cooler you can keep the cylinder temps the more comp you can run or boost.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Not a viper yet Ryan, but I built a 1100t last year and I liked the chassis in it so I know I will like the viper. I can't wait till fall to ride mine.

you doing boost it or going with another kit?

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yes either Neil's or a mcx, still waiting on pricing from the dealer here for the boost it. Will decide as soon as he gets the dealer pricing in order.

Let us know what you end up doing. Either way it's going to be a fun year. I guess the chassis is old news for the cat faithful, but for us yammi guys its new and feels like it's going to be a good change.

why dont' you call neil up and order a kit through him? You still doing your installs?

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
Let us know what you end up doing. Either way it's going to be a fun year. I guess the chassis is old news for the cat faithful, but for us yammi guys its new and feels like it's going to be a good change.

why dont' you call neil up and order a kit through him? You still doing your installs?

I decided to do Neil's turbo aswelll, yes I do my own installs, and reason I ordered thru my dealer here is he is giving me a good deal on the sled and turbo together. We are ordering 3 so far for us up here, may be more yet. Can't wait to ride again, we had a unreal winter up here and every trip we went to the hills it was 3' plus every time. Epic winter.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I decided to do Neil's turbo aswelll, yes I do my own installs, and reason I ordered thru my dealer here is he is giving me a good deal on the sled and turbo together. We are ordering 3 so far for us up here, may be more yet. Can't wait to ride again, we had a unreal winter up here and every trip we went to the hills it was 3' plus every time. Epic winter.

Gotcha. my dealers shop burned down here in Pincher creek. still got a great deal from him though. what else you planning to do the the ride? skid track or anything else. I'm going to put bakers skid in there and get rid of the floats and go with raptors or zbros. debating on changing a arms out.

Premium Features