• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Malware on Snowest (DUH)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Visiting www.snowest.com may harm your computer
What does this mean?
Yandex has detected malware on this site that may harm your computer or gain access to your personal information.

More information

Yandex periodically checks websites for viruses. The last check (less than two days ago) detected malware on this website. The owner of the site may be completely unaware of any malicious code installed on the site by hackers. If the code is not found the next time the website is checked the tag will be removed.

Malware:

includes websites blacklisted by Yandex for distributing malware,
contains exploit (according to the Yandex behavior analyzer);
contains Troj/Badsrc-L (data provided by Sophos).
How Yandex verifies sites

Thank you
What to do next
View cached copy
Visit site anyway
Visiting this site may harm your computer.
How to ensure the safety
This is my site. What should I do?

====

What to do if this is your site

Please remove the malware from your site. If the code is not found the next time the website is checked, the warning tag will be removed.

How to remove malware
How to protect your computer against malware
Yandex.Webmaster
Register your site with Yandex.Webmaster to receive information about malware and infected pages. You can also request for your site to be rechecked once the malware has been removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
Visiting www.snowest.com may harm your computer
What does this mean?
Yandex has detected malware on this site that may harm your computer or gain access to your personal information.

More information

Yandex periodically checks websites for viruses. The last check (less than two days ago) detected malware on this website. The owner of the site may be completely unaware of any malicious code installed on the site by hackers. If the code is not found the next time the website is checked the tag will be removed.

Malware:

includes websites blacklisted by Yandex for distributing malware,
contains exploit (according to the Yandex behavior analyzer);
contains Troj/Badsrc-L (data provided by Sophos).
How Yandex verifies sites

Thank you
What to do next
View cached copy
Visit site anyway
Visiting this site may harm your computer.
How to ensure the safety
This is my site. What should I do?

====

What to do if this is your site

Please remove the malware from your site. If the code is not found the next time the website is checked, the warning tag will be removed.

How to remove malware
How to protect your computer against malware
Yandex.Webmaster
Register your site with Yandex.Webmaster to receive information about malware and infected pages. You can also request for your site to be rechecked once the malware has been removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

Yup, that is the details. Forums get attacked all the time, it is just the way it goes. Just curious if Snowest can take care of it and stay on top of it?

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
What does that mean as it is recommended to avoid the forum?

Obviously, I am not too worried, but further explaination would be educational for me.

Thanks

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
My office computer (which is windows based) will NOT let me on snowest. It pops up with malware warning & shuts the website down!

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
My office computer (which is windows based) will NOT let me on snowest. It pops up with malware warning & shuts the website down!

It would be sweet if they cleaned things up around here.

Not that cool that it is KNOWN that malware/virus is present and not being removed. Please protect your users Snowest

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
It would be sweet if they cleaned things up around here.

Not that cool that it is KNOWN that malware/virus is present and not being removed. Please protect your users Snowest

I have a feeling this malware/virus thing is also linked to how FREAKIN slow snowest is. Just for me to scroll down from the top to the bottem takes forever. You'd think "they" would get all of this fixed faster!!! It's only been over a month since these issues started :ranger: I'm sure their working as hard as the government health care site:confused::boom:

P
Dec 17, 2009
Timberlakes
So over a month and no fixy? way to take care of your product and its users/customers. Is this what the premium members pay for? get their puters infected and slowed down. You obviously DO NOT care about this Christopher. Plain and simple. Blame it on Harris and you are done? Harris is your boss/parent company/ your daddy? Perhaps you can tell them you are selling a defective product and NEED to fix it now. Perhaps you plant it here and all the infections make money for you? Don't you make enough money off all the ads placed here and then ask for memberships and then you make money off infecting us. yeah, none of the paid services are worth it and the site makes plenty of money off ad banners so I really see you as a bit of a scammer. really sucks when people have no sense of integrity or respect for others.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Now it is something that I will have to deal with.

Follow me here.
We have a room full of servers.
2 of them host the actual forums.
All the rest host everything that Harris Publishing does.

www.snowest.com is owned and operated by Harris Publishing.

www.snowestonline.com is hosted by my private servers inside of the Harris Building. My two servers are ABSOLUTELY CLEAN, no ands, ifs or butts about it. We are certain of that.

The warning you are seeing is coming from one of the Harris Servers.
Problem is now that we have RE-Integrated the domains back into one, there is no longer any visible separation of the domains to the end users. Everything now "appears" as www.snowest.com

I do not have access to the Harris Servers, so I can't scan them or clean them.

I will pass along another bug report to their IT guy and ask him if there isn't any way for him to track this Malware report down and kill it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We checked Google webmaster tools to see if they had detected any issues and they have not. We then downloaded a complete copy of the snowest.com website and scanned it for issues, and found none. I think whatever issue Yandex has with snowest.com is a historical one. I tried to claim snowest.com using the Yandex webmaster site, but it won't let me. It says it has trouble connecting to it. I verified with the Harris IT Department that they aren't doing anything on their end to block connections from China. I think this is a false alarm. I will continue to try to claim the site, because if I can succeed then we can ask them to re-scan and re-consider the site and I'm positive they won't find any issues.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
We checked Google webmaster tools to see if they had detected any issues and they have not. We then downloaded a complete copy of the snowest.com website and scanned it for issues, and found none. I think whatever issue Yandex has with snowest.com is a historical one. I tried to claim snowest.com using the Yandex webmaster site, but it won't let me. It says it has trouble connecting to it. I verified with the Harris IT Department that they aren't doing anything on their end to block connections from China. I think this is a false alarm. I will continue to try to claim the site, because if I can succeed then we can ask them to re-scan and re-consider the site and I'm positive they won't find any issues.

Been dealing with this as well, my Webroot picks it up everytime I try to access this site, somethings going on......as a Premium (Paid) member it needs to resolved or I want a refund and I am gone off this site. I don't give a rats arse whos server it's on Snowest or Harris, not my problem, that's your problem.....all I know is I paid good money and now can't access unless I override my virus protection. Ths is bogus!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Been dealing with this as well, my Webroot picks it up everytime I try to access this site, somethings going on......as a Premium (Paid) member it needs to resolved or I want a refund and I am gone off this site. I don't give a rats arse whos server it's on Snowest or Harris, not my problem, that's your problem.....all I know is I paid good money and now can't access unless I override my virus protection. Ths is bogus!
Looks like you UTTERLY FAILED to read what I posted.
The servers ARE CLEAN.
We are certain of it.

A thorough, complete and comprehensive scan was run yesterday of all content.

Premium Features