• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 D7 Stock skis or Gripper Skis Pros - cons

B
Feb 17, 2010
Brother-in-law Just bought a 07 D7 and need differant skis would stock skis or stock gripper skis work better. Have a chance to buy Grippers at a good price. Your thoughts. Baggerbill

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Grippers are great skis and you seldom hear people complaining about them. I've had them on my D7 and D8 now. They work great on hardpack and in the powder. I only have two complaints. They seem to bend or warp just a little over time. It doesn't seem to make too much of a differnce in performance and I wouldn't doubt if other skis do it too. The other issue I have is that the bushing causes the mounting hole to "hole" out or make the opening oblong. this causes the ski to tip down when you go in the air and can cause a nasty nose dive if the ski catches. you just have to keep an eye on it. Good skis, if you found a good deal I would do it before spending more on aftermarket skis.

Premium Features