• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lights burning out

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I am having a problem with my lights on my 00 800. Has anyone run into this on the gen2 , man I am getting frustrated. Any input would be appreciated . Thanks in advance

voltage regulator or rectifier going bad..test and replace....

S
Jan 16, 2010
^^^x2 on the voltage regulator, connect a volt meter to the yellow and brown wires and see what ya got running, not a 100 percent sure but i'm thinking you shouldn't see more than 13.5 volts if it is working ok

D

dlysne

Dec 22, 2010
As the others have said...more than likely the regulator. Very easy to swap out. While your at it check your brake light to see if it's stuck on. I have replaced the regulator on a 2000 700 rmk, (2) 600 rmk's and a 500 rmk. Two of them had stuck brake light switches as well.

I took the switch apart and cleaned the contacts and everything worked great after that. Be very careful not to let the switch fall apart. The spring is VERY small and not very fun to put back together.

M

McLaughlin_7

Oct 12, 2009
S.E. South Dakota
more than likely voltage regulator if so throw the polaris one in the trash and get a mid to late 90's artic cat two wire. them hook the yellow wire up just like you would factory then hook the brown wire up to the ground. i just used the mounting bolt for the regulator as my chassis groung source works great bean running the same one for years

Premium Features