• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which GPS do you use?

Which GPS do you use?

• Garmin Rino series

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Garmin Legend series

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • Garmin 60 series

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • Garmin GPSMap 76 series

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Magellan

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Lowrance

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
It's time to replace my Garmin GPSMap 76S, so what is everyone using? Likes and dislikes?

Last edited:

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I've got an old Legend that I have been using for a long time. Also looking to upgrade, but wondering if they are going to come out with a new Rino that has the features of the Colorado/Oregon.....

I'll probably wait until next fall at this point, some good deals online on WalMart's site right now FYI.

O
Dec 10, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
i just got a rino 530 about two weeks ago and picked up the 2008 topo CD. Last weekend I went out for a spin in about 5 degree temps put on 125 miles with that in a webbed pocket on my backpack. Every stop it was covered in snow dust from the trail, yes the FL’s, frosted and cold but always working took in and it would thaw I never dried it and jumped back on the sled froze it up good and it just kept working no problems. I haven't tried the radio yet but as far as taken the elements this one can stand up to it. We have a trip planned to IP at the end of Feb. and there will be others there with a rino so it will be cool to how it performs. The map source software seems pretty good I like the view direct in Google earth.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Been using a Garmin 276C for 5 years now - Even lost it on a trail once and found it laying in the snow about a mile back still on and working fine. :)

Two reasons I picked this model - Color & big screen.

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Garmin Colorado 400T. Got it for $400 minus a $50 rebate. 3D Topos in the field are incredible! Screen is hard to read in the bright daylight, have to duck under a tree.

--Chris

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
i just got a rino 530 about two weeks ago and picked up the 2008 topo CD. Last weekend I went out for a spin in about 5 degree temps put on 125 miles with that in a webbed pocket on my backpack. Every stop it was covered in snow dust from the trail, yes the FL’s, frosted and cold but always working took in and it would thaw I never dried it and jumped back on the sled froze it up good and it just kept working no problems. I haven't tried the radio yet but as far as taken the elements this one can stand up to it. We have a trip planned to IP at the end of Feb. and there will be others there with a rino so it will be cool to how it performs. The map source software seems pretty good I like the view direct in Google earth.

I really like the position broadcast. You can see everyone in your party that has a Rino. I can keep track of the wife that way. If she get's lost just "find" the wife and walla their she is. You can also send your position to others so they can meet you. Just a solid unit..

chas57006

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Brookings SD
position broadcast

I really like the position broadcast. You can see everyone in your party that has a Rino. I can keep track of the wife that way. If she get's lost just "find" the wife and walla their she is. You can also send your position to others so they can meet you. Just a solid unit..

I am new to the 530, I have two 530's and a wife, where in the menu is the position broadcast located?

thanks
charlie

J

JohnnyQuestUtah

Oct 30, 2008
Union Bench, Utah
Carry one of those and a compass too... but those can't do this:

gps-gearth.png

how do ya do that?

I use a rino 520.

peace out,

johnny