• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Back button doesn't work

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Is this BROWSER specific?

Anyone using FIREFOX or CHROMEor SAFARI and seeing this problem???

Yes ie, firefox and chrome all 3 and it only happens on this site. It's been this way for a while, month and a half or so.

Sometimes, like right now, the edit function will only work if you go advanced.

Sometimes content blocker pop ups

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Probably not much we can do about it at this point.
This summer we will be upgrading the entire forum for Vb 5.1
That upgrade will likely have a HUGE impact on over all Look/Feel & Functionality of the entire site.

Perhaps that will resolve this issue.

mckinney

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Evans, Co
Back button

It started when the site was down from the hardware problems a few weeks ago if you are looking at when it started.

mckinney

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Probably not much we can do about it at this point.
This summer we will be upgrading the entire forum for Vb 5.1
That upgrade will likely have a HUGE impact on over all Look/Feel & Functionality of the entire site.

Perhaps that will resolve this issue.

Perhaps that will resolve this issue?
You need to set your goals a bit higher than that when we are paying for a site to use that works as intended.

Site is a P I T A to use as is.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Ok

Is this BROWSER specific?

Anyone using FIREFOX or CHROMEor SAFARI and seeing this problem???

Christopher, I use Firefox primarily and from time to time safari at home, I also run explorer at our office. To date, I have had no issues with the back button. Obviously we have secure internet settings at our office so if the ads are the problem, this may explain lots.

FYI.....

Cheers!!!

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Wow some of you guys have a button on your back, I'm afraid to ask what it's for? J/K

I use Firefox primarily and I'm not using any kind of ad blocker - the reverse button works just fine.

IE's reverse works as well.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Works fine for me about 80% of the time.

Or in other words, it sucks 20% of the time.

I guess I expected it would have been taken care of by fall.

Disappointed.:face-icon-small-fro

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
This problem started again in the last few days... So frustrating trying to navigate with having to click the back button ten times and when it finally works I go back 3 pages.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
I have experienced this (not on here) and what I found is that the ad servers are registering the different ad feeds as an actual page "navigation". so when the back button is clicked, it is going back according to the ad URL. The next time this happens, click and hold the back button and it should drop down the last visited URL's. My money would be on that the URL you see as your last visited page (where your back button will go), is not snowest.

This is a normal browser history. When the back button doesn't work, check to see what it looks like.

2aihgmu.png

Last edited:
Premium Features