• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Disturbing Snowest Advertising

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
I opened up snowest today and was very concerned with what I saw. Right off the bat a big add along the side of my page popped up for an REI sale. I was slightly distraught at first but continued about my normal daily forum scanning. Then it popped up three more times in about 10 minutes of searching.

REI is a very big supporter of SHUTTING DOWN RIDING AREAS why would snowest advertise for them?!?! I know business is business and you need to make money, but if they shut down our sport Snowest will be in a much more serious situation than it is now. I quit shopping there when I found out their stance on motorized use of public land, and in no way shape or form want to promote their business.

I'm a paid lifetime member of snowest, and I don't subscribe to your magazine because I buy it, every time I see a new one, at the news stand in the airport to read on the plane on the way to work. I love supporting this site and all Snowest does around the country to promote our sport and just wanted to let you guys know how disappointing it is to see it start going this direction of following the money regardless of the cause.

rei.jpg

Premium Features