• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

99 rmk 700 trailing arm mount again!!!!

N
Jan 10, 2011
montana
i had my sled out this weekend and i was bangin down this coolie and my ski barely got hung up on the right side and i heard a snap i was probly only doing about 5 mph when i heard the snap i thought i broke a trailing arm but the trailing arm showed no damage got to lookin and it broke the mount that i had to replace when i bought my sled, its a pain in the a** and the mount is like 180 bucks from the dealer is there anything you can do to reinforce these mounts because i would prefer to break a trailing arm over the mount and only have to fix the mount one more time, thanks in advance!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Stop hitting stuff. :)

You can build a bracket to rivet to the mount by the foot rest and then tie it forward and in to the bulkhead. Guys that do chaincase rolls do that to give some support.

Are you still running the stock skis with the stock rubber stoppers. In my experience, the stock rubber stoppers were so soft that when you bumped across stuff the ski would flip straight up and cause all the force to transfer into the trailing arm instead of bouncing across the object. I tried several things and finally just put SLT skis on mine.

sled_guy

N
Jan 10, 2011
montana
Stop hitting stuff. :)

You can build a bracket to rivet to the mount by the foot rest and then tie it forward and in to the bulkhead. Guys that do chaincase rolls do that to give some support.

Are you still running the stock skis with the stock rubber stoppers. In my experience, the stock rubber stoppers were so soft that when you bumped across stuff the ski would flip straight up and cause all the force to transfer into the trailing arm instead of bouncing across the object. I tried several things and finally just put SLT skis on mine.

sled_guy

thanks sled_guy might you have a few pics of this fix i got a good idea of what you mean but a pic is worth a thousand words they say lol, my sled does have slp skis so i dont belive my ski folded up causing this, i was thinking of maybe coming off the shaincase bolts to the bracket to beef it up but dont know what i will do with the other side, and i will try to stop hitting things but we all know how tough that is lol

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I don't have a picture. But it's a strap that goes forward past the chaincase and then rivets to the bulkhead in front of the chaincase.

sled_guy

brushfit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
Boise,Idaho
you might look at your radius arm too, thats what was causing mine to break repeatedly..rod threads were stripped out.jamb nut must have come loose at some point....hard to see with the skid pan in place

N
Jan 10, 2011
montana
hey how do you put pics up on here i snapped a few amd want to show you guys what i got goin do i need a photobucket account or somethin to post pics?

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
posting pics

You need to have some place to host them.
Photobucket works great. You can upload the pics to there and post the link here and they pop right up.

N
Jan 10, 2011
montana

ok got a photo bucket account so hope these pics work, im not for sure if my tunnel is stock or not but i believe i was having problems because there was like 4 rivets that were at the edge where the trailing arm bolts on and for some reason there is no tunnel to rivet to. so this is what i came up with to fix it it really stiffened up my tunnel also. now i just gotta do the other side let me know what you guys think!

Premium Features