• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 KTM 450sxf or 2002 KTM 520mxc for 2015 LT Kit

J
Dec 3, 2007
Turns out my 13 KTM 450 was declared stolen after I bought it and the Sheriff took it away after running the VIN for registration. I'm seeing if I can get the bike back but they are letting me take my 2015 timbersled LT off the stolen bike that I bought.

I have an 07 sxf 450 (4 speed close ratio) and an 02 520 mxc(kinda close ratio 5 speed) in the garage.

Anyone have any thoughts on what would make a better snowbike between the two? The SXF seems to have more power on the dirt, but 4th gear is pretty high (engine rpms are high, bike speed is low) on the dirt and I'm a little scared how slow it would be on the trail with a timbersled and the recommended 12 tooth front sprocket. Seems like the 525's are popular, but from my experience on the dirt I can't really figure out why? But I'm guessing they all know something I don't and I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks!

Premium Features