• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trip location/vacation suggestions

B

Berg570FE

Oct 21, 2009
Cle Elum Wa
A few couples and my wife and I are going to go East for a sledding vacation this winter. I fully understand it depends on where the snow is, but for simplicity's sake, lets assume that by Presidents Day Weekend all areas are good to go? We have been to McCall, Priest River and the Bend area in Oregon, but would like to try somewhere new outside of Washington. BC is not doable for one of our crew. Where would you suggest we go that provides "trails" for the casual days with the ladies, and open areas for the rest of the time. Non of us are hard core tree riders. Island Park? Cooke City, West Yellowstone?? Suggestions and advise are much appreciated!

TecCrash

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2017
Middleton, ID
A few couples and my wife and I are going to go East for a sledding vacation this winter. I fully understand it depends on where the snow is, but for simplicity's sake, lets assume that by Presidents Day Weekend all areas are good to go? We have been to McCall, Priest River and the Bend area in Oregon, but would like to try somewhere new outside of Washington. BC is not doable for one of our crew. Where would you suggest we go that provides "trails" for the casual days with the ladies, and open areas for the rest of the time. Non of us are hard core tree riders. Island Park? Cooke City, West Yellowstone?? Suggestions and advise are much appreciated!

We normally do McCall for a 4-5 day trip, but we have been talking West Yellowstone with a trip through the park. Pretty basic riding in the park, but it has been pon my bucket list for a long time.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I would go West Yellowstone. Miles of well maintained trails. A large variety of restaurants. The town is very snowmobile friendly. If you are taking the wives you need to look at more than just the riding.

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
If you go to West Yellowstone, Golden West Motel has condos that they rent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

B

Berg570FE

Oct 21, 2009
Cle Elum Wa
Ok, I made the reservation for a place outside of Island Park. 14th -19th

Looks like we can access trails right from the cabin.

I have downloaded the trail map of the area. Any trail and or play area suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The park is worth a day for the scenery if you can get the permit.

Premium Features