• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turcotte Horizontal post and CFR Bars are awesome!

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
I did this setup on my 16 LTD and absolutely love it!!!!!!! I am 6'5" and yes just being able to dip your shoulder to steer is much easier on the elbows. I had to get down way low to steer before and was a awkward to control. Now it's easy and elbows don't hurt.

trying to save my elbows is exactly why i just did this kit. haven't put in a day of riding on it yet, but feels decent riding around the neighborhood.
i'd like it to be more forward and more vertical, but just getting the bars out of my crotch is already a bit improvement. that, and eliminating all the slop from the old linkages too.

Tyshu2

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2016
trying to save my elbows is exactly why i just did this kit. haven't put in a day of riding on it yet, but feels decent riding around the neighborhood.
i'd like it to be more forward and more vertical, but just getting the bars out of my crotch is already a bit improvement. that, and eliminating all the slop from the old linkages too.

Yes I have to agree that getting the slop out of the linkage is a big improvement. I run powder pros and they are pretty aggressive but I guess with the OFT they seem to work well.

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
A day and a half on it now, and yeah much better. Steering effort is way less. riding position is way better. Took a bit to get used to, and 1 minor angle adjustment along the way, I think I've got it dialed. Different muscles in my arms and back are at work. But most importantly is that my elbows feel fine.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Probably gonna give this a try this season, but I think I’ll be using stock bars I don’t like how the CFR’s etc all seem/feel wider

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Probably gonna give this a try this season, but I think I’ll be using stock bars I don’t like how the CFR’s etc all seem/feel wider

If you were to try some CFRs and you don't like how the 2.0 feel, I would look at the Crow bars. I liked them better than the 2.0 and I didn't have to change or add anything to make them work.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I dislike the doo steering post alignment more than anything it puts the bars to wrong in your hip

Part of why I’m thinking of doing it is to get the bar out of my guts when I counter steer, this “doo” type steering is usually so alien for me to ride but I ride a g4 with some success so I’m thinking if I train myself to ride different maybe there can be benefits..... maybe

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
Pretty straight forward, if you've stripped the plastics before, you will be fine. Prob 30 min install

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Besides a t-top steering post did you need anything else to make the transition? I see some of them for sale with the steering linkage at the base of the post, and others that come with a different bracket.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Well I converted it over yesterday in my buddy’s garage, he thinks I’m nuts for doing this. goin creek bashing up a mountain tomorrow, nothing like forcing yourself to learn to ride a different way, here goes nothing. I’ll give it an honest shot and if I hate it I’ll go back to the vertical steering

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
First impressions in deep snow, I seem to over steer or something and cause unnecessary washouts or the front end wanting to point uphill. Sometimes I felt like I got “locked up” and couldn’t steer but I think this is because I’m not used to the “swing”. On the positive side I feel like I’m more maneuverable from the neutral position if that makes sense. Steering felt tight and had little feedback when hitting bumps jumps and ruts. Still trying to figure out some corrections or counter maneuvers for some of my maneuvers lol. We will see as time goes on and snow conditions change.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
cause unnecessary washouts or the front end wanting to point uphill. Sometimes I felt like I got “locked up” and couldn’t steer

It's called ski dooin'.

You're now ski dooin'.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I can see some benefits to this steering over vertical but if one can’t adapt to the shortcomings that I’m having or if the positives don’t outweigh the negatives has yet to be seen

Premium Features