• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Pro RMK Differences with Pics!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
There are plenty of low temp Powders available... most shops, even high production shops, usually need to order in this stuff... on the running boards.. I would really recommend the low temp PC... and make sure the oven operator has a short bake cycle... and most importantly... does not pre bake the parts to burn off oils and other residue.... Prep them yourself... clean with a strong degreaser... acid etch and you will give your PC coat shop a good head start.

Great write-up DHP!!!

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
Who'd you go through for the sled? I'm a quasi greenhorn to AK and still feeling out what dealers around here are alright to deal with...

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I bought the 13 locally at Peninsula Powersports. They have great customer support and stand behind their product(They are a new Polaris dealer, they bought out A1 Enterprises). For you greenspeed, you are fortunate in that you have several great dealers near you. I know Hatcher's Pass Polaris in Willow is great to work with (warranty service is fast and friendly) and I have heard great things about Big Lake Powersports(Frankie there is awesome to work with). Also Eagle River Polaris quoted me a good price on a 13. So any those dealers would do you great.

bosssho

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2010
Great write up....very informative....great pics and great looking sleds. Can't wait for mine to get here!!!:usa2:

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
Who'd you go through for the sled? I'm a quasi greenhorn to AK and still feeling out what dealers around here are alright to deal with...

Hatcher Pass Polaris (either locations) is a great dealer. I purchased my 13 Pro from HPP in Wasilla (across the street from Wal-Mart) based on how they have treated a few of my friends.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Hatcher Pass Polaris (either locations) is a great dealer. I purchased my 13 Pro from HPP in Wasilla (across the street from Wal-Mart) based on how they have treated a few of my friends.

I have heard the opposite, hopefully it was just growing pains and they got it hammered out by now.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Right after the Wasilla store opened, I had heard that it was worth driving to the Willow store still, but with Chris working at the Wasilla store for a while maybe still. It is probably much better. If I had to buy another sled it would. It would be whatever store Chris was working at.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Is it just me? Or is the new chassis hoods from 2011-current look somewhat like the wedge chassis hood?

I sorta think so too.

Notice how the auto industry went through a bubble phase (ie the Ford f-150s from about 98 to 2006 or so) and so did the sled industry. Now it's back to sharper edges like the stealth Rev XP and the Pro. Cat hasn't followed yet through, especiall with the ProClimb.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
I have heard the opposite, hopefully it was just growing pains and they got it hammered out by now.

I have bought 4 sleds and a bike from them with nothing but great service. Looking at a 6 wheeler in the future. It always depends on who you talk to and your attitude when you go in. That said I always shop around, in AK prices can vary greatly and dealers are not all created the same.

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska

X2 on Hatcher Pass Polaris. Purchased the same sled as ak ryda and have had nothing but great service from both store locations.

akrevrider

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
wasnt the original (2010 I think) Rush models and 2011 Pro RMK modeled and marketed after the wedge style sleds, I thought I remembered reading that was on purpose and it was also marketed to it too. A retro look.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
I also noticed that they cut out the plastic around the primary clutch. It makes it so much easier to get a belt on and off.

DSC_0029.jpg

Premium Features