• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ady Gil (Japenese Whaling ship clobbers Eco-freaks)

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
bwahahahahahahaha! wtf is that thing? it looks like a cross between the batmobile and the moby dick mobile lol. all i can say is wow....ha ha. 2 bad they didnt get them dead center with the bow and cut them in half and suck them through the props! lol

they need to mount one of these on the rail...would solve their problems a lot quicker than a damn hose lol
Dillon20Aero20M134D-T_1.jpg

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
idiots blaming the whaling boat for ramming them too, cause we all know that big boats can just turn on a dime when you stop in front of them!!!!!!!!

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
idiots blaming the whaling boat for ramming them too, cause we all know that big boats can just turn on a dime when you stop in front of them!!!!!!!!
That's what I was thinking until I watched the second video taken from another ship at a frontal view.
That Japanese ship turned HARD to make certain they sank that little eco freak boat.

Good on them for fighting back for a change.

Not that I agree with the Japanese method of over whaling though.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
it appears to me the jap ship turned into the smaller boat so as to put it in range of their water cannons.....but from the first clip, it's also clear that the smaller boat accelerated forward and caused the impact (if you look at the rear of the small boat, you can see the white water being generated by the props....maybe to get out of range of the water cannons, with the the driver of the small boat having his vision impaired by all the cannon water)...seems clear that the smaller boat was looking for some kind of confrontation, guess he got it..:p

W
Nov 27, 2007
terrorism. Japs aren't doing anything wrong out there whaling and they are getting terrorized for it. I say sink the eco ship and let the sharks fart green for awhile.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
terrorism. Japs aren't doing anything wrong out there whaling and they are getting terrorized for it. I say sink the eco ship and let the sharks fart green for awhile.
For those that do not know, there is an international banning of all whaling in the world, except for indigenous people doing it of subsistence reasons. In the law, there is a loop whole about "research" vessels being allowed to hunt for whale. All the Japanese boats are "research" vessels, but the meat is used on the commercial market.

I wouldn't go that far to say that they aren't doing anything wrong. Hunting down a species till it is extinct seems kind of bad to me.

Last edited:
H
Nov 26, 2007
Back in Idaho
For those that do not know, there is an international banning of all whaling in the world, except for indigenous people doing it of subsistence reasons. In the law, there is a loop whole about "research" vessels being allowed to hunt for whale. All the Japanese boats are "research" vessels, but the meat is used on the commercial market.

I wouldn't go that far to say that they aren't doing anything wrong. Hunting down a species till it is extinct seems kind of bad to me.

Not necessarily true:

Since the 1986 IWC ban on whaling, Japan has conducted its whaling by issuing scientific research permits. . (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whaling).

According to the Japanese, they use and sell the meat to fund thier research. In addition, these permits are under a quota system. They are not going to be hunted into extinction anymore than the wolves will be.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
correct, thanks for the correction about the extinction headlever.

Though, the whole, killing the whales for the meat, selling the meat, to support the killing of the whales, doesn't sound like research, but it sounds like an awful lot like whaling to me..

Though, as evidence by the situation, it is a gray area...

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
I think the problem the protesters had is that they haven't had a bath in so long, they were just trying to get close to that hose. I think they just miscalculated a little bit.

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
That was a nice looking boat. To bad the skipper of the other boat can't drive worth a flip. All that ocean and had to turn into the boat.
The second video shows the collision better.
Glad everyone was ok though. 10 minutes in that water and your a goner

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I think the problem the protesters had is that they haven't had a bath in so long, they were just trying to get close to that hose. I think they just miscalculated a little bit.

LOL. HAHA.

I've sat near them in college classes...two buildings away is close enough to gag a maggot. Even stink would say that stinks. You know when you go into an apartment building and smell someone's cooking and you say "What are THEY cooking"...that, plus crap.

B

buck50

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Cochrane, Alberta
LOL. HAHA.

I've sat near them in college classes...two buildings away is close enough to gag a maggot. Even stink would say that stinks. You know when you go into an apartment building and smell someone's cooking and you say "What are THEY cooking"...that, plus crap.
i hope my wire fighting team is REAAAAAAADY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

ohh, left a wee rosebud in there for ya!!! :D:D:D

Premium Features