• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NASCAR

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
That was funny! Boy they slapped ol Chad and Jimmy pretty hard didn't they. Only thing is a few years back when they found some discrepancies on Carl Longs car, Nascar fined him 200K. Basicly put the guy out of the racing business. 100k to Chad or even Hendrick would hurt as bad as me paying a 10 dollar parking ticket.

M
Nov 28, 2007
or
i just wish they'd learn to drive in the rain, always laugh when they say they are the worlds greatest drivers... as long as the pavement is dry. gets old having to wait hours and then the race is postponed to the next day because they don't want to get wet. if the f-1 drivers can go in the rain theres no reason nascar can't!!!

throttlejocky316

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2009
Bickleton, Wa
The world’s best drivers are Rally drivers, we have one coming to NASCAR, his name is Travis Pastrana.

When is this supposed to happen? Wonder how long it is going last, I can see him getting bored without jumps and some right turns.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
When is this supposed to happen? Wonder how long it is going last, I can see him getting bored without jumps and some right turns.

No doubt.

I give him one year and he is winning. Just has to get used to only going left.

Hell I might even watch a race with him running.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Don't hold your breath on TP's taking NASCAR by storm.

Very few racing champions have been able to transition that success into another form of racing. Tony Stewart is on of the exceptions.

Look at Robby Gordon. The guy could run circles around any of the other Cup drivers in the desert, but put him on an oval track & 20 years later he still is not a serious contender.

throttlejocky316

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2009
Bickleton, Wa
No kidding, Ricky Charmicheal hasn't been tearing up the track since his departure from motocross. Although Ricky doesn't have the ralley car background TP does, it is still going to be big learning curve.

H
Jan 28, 2004

Very few racing champions have been able to transition that success into another form of racing. Tony Stewart is on of the exceptions.

Look at Robby Gordon. The guy could run circles around any of the other Cup drivers in the desert, but put him on an oval track & 20 years later he still is not a serious contender.

TP can drive/ride anything at a very high level. He was a Freestyle Moto-X champion, Outdoor Moto-X nation Champ, Rally car champion, and now is racing Nascar.

He has done amazing at many different activities.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
No kidding, Ricky Charmicheal hasn't been tearing up the track since his departure from motocross. Although Ricky doesn't have the ralley car background TP does, it is still going to be big learning curve.

That is why I say give it a year.

The guy excels at whatever he wants, he is the type of person who will put everything he has and then some into it. He doesn't like not being the best so I say he will do good....besides if he does you guys are gonna have a ton of new people checking out nascar even if they do just turn left and only in good weather.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
That is why I say give it a year.

....besides if he does you guys are gonna have a ton of new people checking out nascar even if they do just turn left and only in good weather.

There ya go. the only reason NASCAR is bringing these racers into NASCAR is to draw in another crowd and more veiwers. It is all about the dollar. Nascar is trying to pull in as more more more, and in the process they are driving away the hard core fans. I used to never miss a race, now I couldn't care less if I see a race. Watched all the 500 and darn near fell asleep from boredom.
Now news is Penske is switching back to Fords because he feels that is his best bet on winning a championship. He couldn't win one when he was with Ford prior to going to Dodge in either Nationwide or Sprint. But he gets his first and only championship in Nationwide in a Dodge. Good luck Penske getting a Sprint cup in a Ford. Roushe is Ford's golden boy. You will be what Gibbs was with Chevrolet, a 3rd wheel.

Premium Features