• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WET LEFT FOOT!!!

jd440

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
SD
hey guys and gals, ive got an 04 rev summit 800 and everytime i ride i end up with a sopping wet left foot. right one is as dry as when i put on my socks in the morning. I figure its from the snow melting on top of the clutch cover and drippin down on boots. I know there have been several posts about this on the site but they all talk about the boots. Just wondering if there was any way to shed the water somewhere else or if any one has solved this issue in some way shape or form.

Any input is great...
Thanks in advance!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Venting and buy some BRP boots. That way you can take em back and get warranty! haha
Lots of venting and some quality Klim or HMK boots. I went with the GTX last season and haven't had a wet foot since.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
hey guys and gals, ive got an 04 rev summit 800 and everytime i ride i end up with a sopping wet left foot. right one is as dry as when i put on my socks in the morning. I figure its from the snow melting on top of the clutch cover and drippin down on boots. I know there have been several posts about this on the site but they all talk about the boots. Just wondering if there was any way to shed the water somewhere else or if any one has solved this issue in some way shape or form.

Any input is great...
Thanks in advance!

,,Really the new HMK,s are bone dry. I have a boot drier and dont even use it after several deep days

Last edited:

jd440

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
SD
Thanks for the input but i dont have the money for new boots or vents right now. And I was wondering if someone has done some fabrication or something to shed the water somewhere else. I know new boots would help but thats not the solution im looking for.
Thanks again.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
try adding a gaitor over your boot on that side? Should be able to buy an inexpensive pair for 20$ and solve your problem.

Although if your boots are getting wet....no matter the situation..they probably need to be replaced. Ultimately your just putting a band aid on the problem

jd440

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
SD
try adding a gaitor over your boot on that side? Should be able to buy an inexpensive pair for 20$ and solve your problem.

Although if your boots are getting wet....no matter the situation..they probably need to be replaced. Ultimately your just putting a band aid on the problem
This is only their 2nd season and last year they were only worn maybe 5 times cuz the sled was down.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
which boots? I have walked ankle deep in creeks and remained bone dry. (klim)

Do your pants have gaiters? I have actually seen people tuck the gaitor inside their boot...this just allows snow/water to run into the boot?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks for the input but i dont have the money for new boots or vents right now. And I was wondering if someone has done some fabrication or something to shed the water somewhere else. I know new boots would help but thats not the solution im looking for.
Thanks again.

What does work is a plastic grocery bag around the liner.stuff it in and dont tear it,cut off excess

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
venting doesn't have to cost you anything but 5 bucks in material, some glue, and your time. Go to a fabric store or steal a pair of the old lady's stockings. Take a drill and start venting.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
venting doesn't have to cost you anything but 5 bucks in material, some glue, and your time. Go to a fabric store or steal a pair of the old lady's stockings. Take a drill and start venting.

How does wearing lady's stockings address the venting!

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Get some hot glue and pet screen material from the hardware store.
Do some searching on home made vents and also try Dootalk....TONS of threads out there.
Here's what I did.
img1720jz5.jpg

img1728zc4.jpg

Last edited:
G

gas man

Apr 19, 2010
Sexsmith, Alta
wet left boot

just had the problem with left boot getting wet too. have had 3 different rev's first time with this issue. like the one guy said, usually don't keep feet down there, but was out last night in really deep powder and was sitting down more than usual b/c of the cold. does anybody have pictures of their venting on the clutch side and is it venting for the water to run out or for cooling the clutches

Premium Features