• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Better Boards

Thats what I was thinkin.

Has anyone ever tried widening the boards at all on the pre 02's??

Yup, been there, done that, worked ok, you just have to overbuild them to make sure they don't bend bad. My suggestion would be either tube ones(what I did), or just find an 02'-03' tunnel with the wider boards(what I am doing now!).

BTW- the 02's still had the narrow runningboards, the 02' X packages had the wider runningboards, then in 03' they BOTH, X's and non x's had the wide runningboards.

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
Yup, been there, done that, worked ok, you just have to overbuild them to make sure they don't bend bad. My suggestion would be either tube ones(what I did), or just find an 02'-03' tunnel with the wider boards(what I am doing now!).

BTW- the 02's still had the narrow runningboards, the 02' X packages had the wider runningboards, then in 03' they BOTH, X's and non x's had the wide runningboards.

Im sure if you are switching over to an 02-03 tunnel that is wasnt really worth the trouble of widening the older style? Makes sense to over build them but it would probably outwiegh the actual wieght gain

Yup, that was the issue, I ran the widened boards for two years but just got a steal on an 03' tunnel and am doing the swap over thanksgiving. The wider boards were heavier, but the advantage in footing was WELL worth the weight, you really don't know how much of an advantage it is until you actually do it! Boondocking made soooo much easier.

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
You wouldnt happen to have any pics of the tunnel would ya? I have an 03 zx for a parts sled and took a look at the tunnel lastnight.. big crease near the bulkhead so thats out of the question :rolleyes:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Most of the answers were put out already but let me group things together so it's easier to keep from getting confused.
Snowmobile Better Boards Part # 0100 is for the Ski Doo narrow running board. It fits all S-Chassis platform, early 00-02 standard ZX platform and the Polaris Edge platform. The ZX model with reference "ZX X" in 02-03 is a wide tapering angle running board and takes Snowmobile Better Boards Part #0102.

narrow straight taper = P#0100

wide angle tapered boards = P#0102
here is the wide sample

summitzx-1b.jpg

Premium Features