• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NASCAR question.........

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
What's your opinion of the "start & park" drivers?

There's getting to be more & more of this each week.

I don't think any prize money should be awarded anytime a car is able to continue, but doesn't.

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Agreed.. if your car is able to run on the track without further endangering yourself or others.. you need to run the race..

If you have a DNF because of a wreck.. i say hell give'm a $30K bonus.. cause hey thats what the fans like.. :D..

R
Nov 26, 2007
Prince George, B.C.
I don't like it either. Unless you have some kind of failure, they should forfieght prize money (except for a small portion to cover traveling expenses, "tow dough" if you will). Watching more of the Nationwide races now. Seems to be better racing. Don't even get me started on the top 35 rule!:rolleyes:

M
Dec 21, 2007
You can thanks the chase for it. If you have no way of making the chase, why risk destroying a 200000 dollar car for 1 posistion in points which pays little or nothing outside of the chase. Used to be you raced for pride and then money, now it is all money

S
Nov 27, 2007
Gotta do away with the "top 35" rule also. No need to wreck equipment when there is little shot of a gurantee to start next week. Plus they HAVE to have their best equipment next week to qualify. Ive become a big fan of the little teams. I say if they qualify they should run.
NASCAR isnt about grassroots anymore, every rule caters to big $$ teams. Hell, wasnt it Carl Long they penalized so bad he cant afford to field a car all year now?

Premium Features