• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Numbers prove stimulus didn't work - duhhhh

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
Job Losses Reflect Failure of Obama Stimulus
640,000 more Americans let down by President’s plan

Washington, Apr 23 - Republican Study Committee Chairman Tom Price (R-GA) issued the following statement after the Department of Labor released data revealing that 640,000 new Americans filed for unemployment benefits in the last week. Meanwhile, the total number of Americans receiving benefits continued its upward climb, hitting a new record of 6.14 million.

“The stimulus is failing to stimulate anything but bigger government,”
said Chairman Price. “The President promised the American people an urgent recovery when he robbed future generations of more than one trillion dollars. Yet because of his flawed approach, the President’s plan has offered nothing but deeper economic misery. With the job market showing only signs of further deterioration, it is time to employ a new method. This big-government philosophy is incapable of providing the sustainable prosperity the American people seek.

“We must recommit ourselves to lower taxes, less spending, and the market principles which created our national success. Only by returning economic power to taxpayers and businesses will we see the job creation needed to restore confidence in America.”

NOTE: The Republican Study Committee has introduced the Economic Recovery Act, legislation based on three main themes: 1) Support Families through Tax Relief; 2) Provide Economic Relief for American Businesses and Entrepreneurs; and 3) Save Future Generations from a Crushing Debt Burden. For a full summary, click here.

http://rsc.tomprice.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=123751

W

Wolfrun

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Lander Wy
Thanks Fluff. Yes of course it doesn't work. When the economy does turn around Dumbo will say see,see, see I knew it was the only way and I am the saviour. The government can not create private sector jobs. In the 200 and some odd years the only other time it was tried was FDR and the depression lasted almost 8 more years.
and only recovered then because of the war. That could happen this time too if he keeps trying to establish his legacy in his first 100 days. If keeps spending and printing money, I predict that by this time next year you may have to carry a flight bag of money to go to the corner grocery. This country was built by hard working, conservative type people by private enterprise and the government worked for them. That doesn't look at all like what is happening today does it?
We can't all work for the government. Just picture that circle, the money runs out real fast and we all starve to death. Russia and China in the past and North Korea today.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
oregon is the 2nd worst in the nation.but central oregon is even higher.
was once voted the nations most popular place to move to.now its like
a ghost town.layoffs,no construction and nobody spending money.

D
Dec 28, 2007
bush company AK
Just printing money with nothing to back it doesn't work! WE all knew that. :rolleyes:

So new game.

Who's smarter than the president?? WHo wants to host it?:D

I will if you give me green rep!!!:D

The one thing that inflation can do is reduce your debt, not that it is anyway to do business just sayin.

in 1850 gov spending was 4-5% of GNP this year over 40% Europe is over 50%

Hate seeing it go this way fail!!!!

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Wanna stimulate the economy.
ok.
Got to a flat tax. 18%, no deductions for anyone.
Cut welfare. Remove from the rolls anyone who is physically and mentaly able to work.
Those that are left on welfare must do community service to the best of their ability.

Get the forest service and BLM rolled into one org. Get logging and such back up and going to bring our national and state forests up to snuff and healthy again.

Reform the entire federal government. 15 - 1 ratio. That is 15 people reporting to one or 15 workers, one supervisor. 15 supervisors, one manager. etc. Currently it is 5 - 1.

Kill socialized medicine.

SS is out of money. Anyone with an income of over 100k a year is dropped from the existing roles. Anyone under the age of 50 can "opt out" of the SS system and would receive a full refund of moneys paid to the federal government. Those that choise to do this would be ineligible for any SS benifits in the future.

Illigal aliens are a huge drain on this countries resources.
Double up on enforcement. Pass the SAVE act and make E-Verify permanent. Anyone granted citizenship under article 14 (being born in the US automatically makes you a citizen) is barred from ever bringing/sponcering anyone into the country for life. End chain migration. Immigration will be based solely on needed skills and will no longer be on family ties. Only immediate family. No benifits for family members outside the US that arn't US citizens.

That would be a good start.

W

Wolfrun

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Lander Wy
I just got my Stimulus statement from Social Security late yesterday. It says I will get a great big 250.00 from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
My wife taught school for 32 years and retired 6 years ago but is too young for Social Security yet. I have maintained my self employment but it looks like that is all we get from this " huge tax cut " while a couple who don't even pay taxes will get 800.00. Now understand I don't give a good rat's behind about the money but Odumbo stood up there for months and said every citizen who makes under 250.000 will get a tax cut. Well I have news for him My wife won't. Lying S. O. B. How many of you saw the picture of the large naked black lady standing on top of a mail box, looking down the street, saying, I voted for him five times and I'm standing here until I get my stimulus check. I'll bet she is pissed by now. Well that's the way I feel, PISSED.

AND MORE PISSED!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
my selfemployed taxcut is.... i havent made any money this year so my taxes should be less.

L
Jan 29, 2009
Rapid City, SD
ok.
Cut welfare. Remove from the rolls anyone who is physically and mentaly able to work.
Those that are left on welfare must do community service to the best of their ability.

Get the forest service and BLM rolled into one org. Get logging and such back up and going to bring our national and state forests up to snuff and healthy again.

Reform the entire federal government. 15 - 1 ratio. That is 15 people reporting to one or 15 workers, one supervisor. 15 supervisors, one manager. etc. Currently it is 5 - 1.

SS is out of money. Anyone with an income of over 100k a year is dropped from the existing roles. Anyone under the age of 50 can "opt out" of the SS system and would receive a full refund of moneys paid to the federal government. Those that choise to do this would be ineligible for any SS benifits in the future.

Double up on enforcement. Pass the SAVE act and make E-Verify permanent. Anyone granted citizenship under article 14 (being born in the US automatically makes you a citizen) is barred from ever bringing/sponcering anyone into the country for life. End chain migration. Immigration will be based solely on needed skills and will no longer be on family ties. Only immediate family. No benifits for family members outside the US that arn't US citizens.

That is going in an email. :beer;:beer;

B
Dec 31, 2007
Lolo, MT
ok.

Dude, you HAVE to run for some sort of office!

One thing I would add about Social Sec. In my job of over 20 years, typing people's medical records and mental health evaluations for psych wards, there is a HUGE, GIGANTIC, MONSTROUS number of young people (and all the way up to the hippie generation now in their 50s and 60s) who are drug addicts who are now and forever worthless to hold down a job, cycling in and out of mental wards for drug-induced psychosis and a ton of other things, on SSDI for the rest of their lives. The rehab isn't working for these people.

Now of course I don't see those for whom rehab DOES work who are out working jobs because they aren't the ones cycling in and out of the psych ward every month or so. I just see the mind-boggling numbers of those for whom we pay for for the rest of ours and their lives because they fried their brains on drugs. We all know how much medical care costs. These folks not only have the psych ward bill, but also must be seen by medical doctors at the same time, so their bills are probably double and SSDI pays for it.

Premium Features