• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

please help with '02 summit 800 project!

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
so i've ordered up all the parts for the track extension and skid change, and that is all the money my buddy wants to spend.

sorry dynamo, i tried real hard to get him to go with your clutch kit, but he says he's spent enough. i did send another guy your way though for his xp, so hopefully he places an order.

but for now i think that we should at least be doing some routine maintenance on his clutches. pretty sure its never been done on this sled, so i'm not sure how far we need to go. cleaning is a given, but should we be replacing springs as well? any other tips to make the stock clutching perform well with stock motor, 153"x2.25" track, and 5500ft-7500ft mountain riding elevations? i'm sure i can get him to spend up to $100 in order to make some clutching improvements... or should i be looking at a different chaincase gear?

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Jwill302-Sorry havn't checked in in a while. WildChild from these forums made them for me, don't know if he hangs out on here these days or not.

P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
well, my buddy finally came over this weekend and we got the skid, drivers, track, and drop brackets changed out. thanks for the help and advice guys.

Attachments

• 000_0743.jpg
    000_0743.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 000_0753.jpg
    000_0753.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 123
  • 000_0754.jpg
    000_0754.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 63
P
Feb 28, 2008
Castlegar BC
thanks guys. we are really happy with the way it turned out.

the zx tunnel is a bit wider than the cat tunnel, so we had to use some washers for spacers when bolting up the skid. i also moved the mounting locations to the same measurements as the m7. they were quite a but more forward on the tunnel than the stock zx holes. we swapped out the stock drop brackets for the stock m7 brackets, which look much nicer, and are noticeably lighter.

the newer cat float skid would be pretty sweet as well. nice and light, and i believe they are an exact copy of the holz skids. a lot of the guys on the ac forum have them working really well with a few minor tweaks. the m7 skid can be upgraded to use the floats, so long as you have a front torque arm relocation bracket. i'll report on what he thinks of the ride once he takes it out a few times.

Premium Features