• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FREE Arctic Cat M-series Skid Performance Seat Giveaway!

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
Why does everybody have to get shafted buying snowmobile parts??? I swear, I'm gonna make a seat that's just as good as BOSS and this one and charge like $275. $530???? That's ridiculus! Is it to hard to make a good product at a FAIR price and sell twice as many?

Aaron

Tempest

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
Your seats look great. But the main reason that I haven't bought a Boss is the price. There is no performance gain from a seat, and I seldom sit down for more then 5 seconds. If someone would come up with a seat for say $350 that was as nice looking as yours and functional I bet they would sell a bunch of them.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
These seats are awesome, they only weigh like 4.5 lbs, and the quality is great on them, yes they are spendy, but no different than the others out there.
if you want a cheap sport, maybe try out tennis
keep up the good work skid

Aaron:

I guess all I can say is, when you get your seat built send me a picture of it, and I'll commend you on it. Now lets get to what it takes to start a project like this.Your going to have to have a building say 40'x80' minimum. Now your going to have to at least 4-600,000 K in CNC foam cutting equipment or a very good seat molding set up. your sewing machines are 6,000 K each and you will need at least 6 or your not going to get much done, foam & material cost, you need to look into this, very costly. And the cost of labor and taxes ?? + Fabracating and testing before production? And the winter marketing season is 4-5 months long. When you finish your home work on this then you will know why there are very few seat builders. Trust me this is not a gold mine by anymeans. There are alot more ways to make a profit in this sled industry than building seats.

Last edited:
S

StrobsM8

Nov 27, 2007
Marty, great response. Good luck with your business. Hopefully I will win the seat.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I agree. Nice response. He offers to give away a free seat and everyone jumps all over him for the cost to buy one? HE IS GIVING IT AWAY! stop whinning. And yes it takes alot of over head capital to start a business and make a top notch product.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hello:
Here is my limited experience with Skid seats. First off I ordered it on a Monday and it took a whole 3 days to get it to me. Ask around about the general delivery time on a Boss !!! I have seen dozens of Boss seats and the Skid looks to me to be every bit as well built. I commend Marty and his employees on the obvious quality of their workmanship and product. Now all I have tio do is put it on my sled and see how it works out of the box.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Evanston Wyo
That is a good looking seat. I laugh at the guy that says no performance gain fram a seat. I have had a boss seat on my last 3 sleds and spent a ton of money on just about everything and it is my favorite mod and I dont hardly even sit on it. Having it sit higher makes the transition from standing to sitting so much easier. If I don't win the seat I'm going to buy one.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I'd have to agree that I would rather see a seat for $350, but It's not going to happen. You can't even buy a used boss for that price.
I've had 4 boss seats, and not going to buy anymore as the first 3 were beautiful, and the last was a POS. (quality went south)
If Skid is putting out a nice product, with a short turnaround, and good customer service, then all the complaints that you read about boss on this forum have been answered. I've only seen pics of the skid seat, and not really excited about the back being cut off vertically, but several people have commented on how nice they are so they are probably better looking in person. If I win and it goes on my sled, I can gaurantee the 3 other M-s in my group will buy one.

BIGSHOW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
$500 is cheap for a seat!!! Price them at $700!!

My grandma was good at mending my pants, but she was no seat builder. I needed a custom seat for my turbo RX-1 and waited a year and a half for Gus (BOSS), to tell me that it would be done next week every time I called. I got tired of waiting so I went to a local sewing place(cheapest around) and showed them different styles of Seats that I wanted. I suppled all the material, foam, zippers etc. They charged me $500 just for labor and I had an alright untested seat. Try to save some cash and have grandma build you one. I know I can't even wrap a x-mas present let alone build a seat.
2 thumbs up to Marty and Chris at Skid Performance.

I sold used seats on Ebay for $600.

Premium Features