• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK'S "THE FIX KIT" FOR Polaris 800 PRO's

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Easy on the throttle? :face-icon-small-hap

actually some would say that is even harder on the cfi-4 due to the lean spot??

sorry don't know the actually clearance. even if the pistons are the same (which i didn't think they were b/c some dealers have been installing pro pistons in d8s with better luch) the cylinders could be nick to different specs. maybe i answered my own question?

pv

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume your intention is genuine... and that is to save the free world from those IED (improvised explosive device LOL) Polaris 800 engines. The problem with guys like you and Wyoboy, is that if you had an intelligent point to make it was lost and wasted after about 50 attempts to say the same thing and get anyone to listen to you.

If you were seeing that your points were being accepted and believed I suspect you would be satisfied and go onto some other world saving quest, but since you keep beating the same old drum, it’s clear you can see , that few even listen to your points on this subject any more. Most readers of this site have long ago made up their minds concerning the reliability and power of the Polaris 800 engine, whether Edge era, Dragon era, or now the PRO era. I can assure you that you can keep on posting this same old tired spew and few will even consider your thoughts.

Keep pounding away if it makes you happy. Polaris just keeps on selling more and more 800’s to happy satisfied customers, regardless of your attempts to sway people away.

You can tell me how wrong i am all you want but truely you know what iam getting at. Happy satisfied costomers really every other thread in the iq section before the pro came out, another d8 down, my sled blew up, the "fix"
ect sounds like some truely satisfied costomers. You can continue to put me down but atleast iam trying to something about it instead of not careing unlike so many people these days the are all about themselves.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
actually some would say that is even harder on the cfi-4 due to the lean spot??

sorry don't know the actually clearance. even if the pistons are the same (which i didn't think they were b/c some dealers have been installing pro pistons in d8s with better luch) the cylinders could be nick to different specs. maybe i answered my own question?

pv

I know the guy that tore his d8 found that when he heated the cylider up to 150deg it actually took an oval shape, if the pro cyls are a better casting and will bolt up provideing the port timeing ect is the same maybe thats a good way to go? with pro pistions

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
exactly what happend with the dragon only a couple were breaking down but once there was a crapload of dragons out there it became very apparent that there was an issue thats why i say un-proven.

Oh there were a crap load of Pro's out this past year...

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume your intention is genuine... and that is to save the free world from those IED (improvised explosive device LOL) Polaris 800 engines. The problem with guys like you and Wyoboy, is that if you had an intelligent point to make it was lost and wasted after about 50 attempts to say the same thing and get anyone to listen to you.

If you were seeing that your points were being accepted and believed I suspect you would be satisfied and go onto some other world saving quest, but since you keep beating the same old drum, it’s clear you can see , that few even listen to your points on this subject any more. Most readers of this site have long ago made up their minds concerning the reliability and power of the Polaris 800 engine, whether Edge era, Dragon era, or now the PRO era. I can assure you that you can keep on posting this same old tired spew and few will even consider your thoughts.

Keep pounding away if it makes you happy. Polaris just keeps on selling more and more 800’s to happy satisfied customers, regardless of your attempts to sway people away.

The only swaying going on is from your instability to stand up, so when you're not on some internet forum spouting off you're racing through the parking lot with your poorly set up clutching, crackling can, sno-bunjie and 10 inch riser....:boxing: I haven't been pounding away at anything...except the ditch pickles...got me there, sorry I blowed up.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
Oh there were a crap load of Pro's out this past year...

The only swaying going on is from your instability to stand up, so when you're not on some internet forum spouting off you're racing through the parking lot with your poorly set up clutching, crackling can, sno-bunjie and 10 inch riser....:boxing: I haven't been pounding away at anything...except the ditch pickles...got me there, sorry I blowed up.

Re-read... I said Wyoboy, not Wyopro?? Are you the same dude? or you just can't read?? LOL

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
No issues with my 11.

Just for piece of mind I bought the 5 year warranty so I am pre-fixed

YEAH THATS WHAT THE D8 GUYS SAID NOW THEY ARE BITCHIN AND MOAN'IN BECAUSE ITS COMEING OUT OF THERE OWN POCKETS NOW. I dont think theres enough pros out yet to see the flaws hopefully not but we will see by jan.

Iam sure glad your warrantie pays for your fuel,hotel,time, wear and tear on your vehical, your buddies sled towing you out, the worst part is that you wasted a trip that you've waited months for that you took time off for work. Sounds really cool to they must have really good warrantie these days after the d8's.

Go ahead give me negative feedback when i told the d8 guys this very same thing -,-,-,- comments whos getting the last laugh now oops feel sorry for you guys now. I ride a polaris IMO they have the best chassis on the planet "we" gotta take a stand against polaris i understand nobody can be perfect but c'mon this polaris engine issue is just plain stupid the combustion engine has been around for many moons and us as a consumer keep buying there product keeping them in buisness.

2xm3 on here found the problem some special spacer and pistons is not the cure, the perfect piston the cylinder clearence and having cylinders that dont turn into an oval when hot is the fix.

I tried to stay out of this but.....

Dear 440dart,
This thread was started by an aftermarket guy hawking a product he calls "The Fix" for the PRO RMK, which, as many riders with lots of seat time on the 2011 Pros have testified, doesn't NEED a fix.

Then, as we later learned from the OP himself, the name was a marketing decision and a carry-over from the product he developed for the 08-10 Polaris 800, which we all know needed a fix. The OP clarified his post saying "The Fix" was actually an improvement and he apologized for the confusion.

The issue here is you. You brought this s**t storm down on yourself. In only the 8th post you attack the guy infront of you, acting like a douche clot and not making any sense. You left one of your vigorously illiterate rants about how the poo 800 sucks and start the thing off by yelling (all caps) at skidooornothing for saying he bought the warranty. Basically, you called him a chump.

Pull. Your. Head. Out. The Pro kicks ***. Whatever mistakes Poo made with the 08-10 800 they "done good" on this one.
Yes, the D8's had issues. Yes, folks got pissed. That's old news.
Polaris moved on. We've moved on and you should too, but if staying mad at yesterday's mistakes helps keep you warm under your Klim's....knock yourself out kiddo.

As for this old man? As soon as my new Pro arrives I'm heading for the hills.

H
Dec 12, 2009
Ben Franklin (or someone else important and dead) once said something about arguing with idiots, or pigs or something of that nature... Whoever said, whatever was said was warning people about arguing with someone who can't be brought to reason using sheer logic as a point of argument.

If he can't spell grade level vocabulary, you can't convince him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

M
Nov 27, 2007
manitoba, Canada
Dear 440Dart,

/rant on

[/QUOTE]exactly what happend with the dragon only a couple were breaking down but once there was a crapload of dragons out there it became very apparent that there was an issue thats why i say un-proven.[/QUOTE]

Unproven? like my 03 Skidoo 800 that went through 5 motors. Which, happened to be like clockwork at 500 miles, bang! That was the last Bombardier product I ever owned because it pissed me off. The interesting fact is that you will not find me in the Skidoo forum flaming 10 year old or 2 year old technology. It is what it is, the most abused TOY in the world. I accept that.

That being said, you had a bad experience with the cfi700 motor???? From what I am reading you never even owned a cfi 800 motor and are up and down these forums like Polaris owes you the left kidney you had surgically transplanted in Singapore because you knew a guy who knew a guy with a cfi 800. it doesn't work that way. Its old news. Move on!

Now, for my next point. According to your information, a cfi 800 piston disfigured when, for all we know, cousin Toothless Timmy heating it up with a torch in his kitchen.....

So was it uniformly heated with the acetylene torch? Was it even in the block? No one knows. I could go on and on here, but until you give me some advanced properties in the thermodynamics of that piston, some basic metallurgical analysis, and what not, I will not care.

Just accept this. Most people use these forums as a source of information. Flaming on and off with no real proof, zero fact, and a whole lot of attitude will gather no respect.

Provide some test data, have someone regarded as respectful back up your theory, or, at the very least have Toothless Timmy submit a picture of his mis-shaped piston. It will take you much farther

Until then you are just bashing for the sake of ruining what could be very informational material to someone who can use a hand.

/rant off

good day

Last edited:

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
I did have an issue with my d7 and it wasnt taken care of, so in around about way i was in the same boat as the d8 guys except for i had to buy a cyl,crank&rods,case,pistons. \

As for heating up the cyl is was done in an oven, the guy built race engines in florida and moved to montana when he retired so i do trust his methods.

just came into 27k today and alot more comeing i will to soon be forgetting about the d8 thinkin PA1100 pro no worries pull n go timbersled and 17fo

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
Dear 440Dart,

Now, for my next point. According to your information, a cfi 800 piston disfigured when, for all we know, cousin Toothless Timmy heating it up with a torch in his kitchen.....

So was it uniformly heated with the acetylene torch? Was it even in the block? No one knows. I could go on and on here, but until you give me some advanced properties in the thermodynamics of that piston, some basic metallurgical analysis, and what not, I will not care.

A little bit of a read for ya

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283099

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
I think another post needs to be started for all the crap going on taking away from this post and others, put all the idiots in there to free for all, then maybe posts like this will stay on topic. A product that some people may be interested in was listed up, and so much random bull **** has come up its just unacceptable.

Take the crap somewhere else and stop ruining other peoples threads. I hope a mod can keep it so any other posts are directly related to the topic at hand.

Now on topic, does anyone now what the tolerances are on the stock pro pistons in comparison to the D8's? Regardless, I will be riding my pro with confidence this season (fresh motor, but either way I would be confident in it), next season when I consider freshening up the top end I will seriously consider this kit.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Yeah, where are all the mods when you need one?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
well I just installed the kit in my Pro and I had about 1200 miles, I measured the clearance and had about 6thou at the skirts and was worried ,,, so I purchased a kit ,,, as well as 2 weiscos for a stock motor and the weiscos had about 4-5 thou and the PMS kit had about 4-4.5 thou so My asumption is the piston still must be rocking enought to cause a slight decres in skirt clearance ,,orrrrr the factory piston has a different cam grind to the piston I did not measure a new stock piston so it may be at 6 tho new ,,dont know??.I started noticing a slight rattling noise at the end of the season so I decided to tear it down ,I was going to use the PA head any way so going the rest of the way was a no brainer, so after it was all done I started it up and even cold it shure is different sounding!!! much quiter, I did this more for peice of mind on my part ,,, not to fix a problem!!!

I think another post needs to be started for all the crap going on taking away from this post and others, put all the idiots in there to free for all, then maybe posts like this will stay on topic. A product that some people may be interested in was listed up, and so much random bull **** has come up its just unacceptable.

Take the crap somewhere else and stop ruining other peoples threads. I hope a mod can keep it so any other posts are directly related to the topic at hand.

Now on topic, does anyone now what the tolerances are on the stock pro pistons in comparison to the D8's? Regardless, I will be riding my pro with confidence this season (fresh motor, but either way I would be confident in it), next season when I consider freshening up the top end I will seriously consider this kit.

D
Sep 10, 2018
the truth

so now that 7 years has gone by, what is the real answer? does the mtntk fix kit actually do what they claim it does?

Premium Features