• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

170,000 acres of togwatee area threatened.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Still nothing back form togwette lodge so I am calling them out on here are you supporting these closures. If they are we need to stop spending money there.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
We all need to make a little noise on the subject of Wilderness and/or newly designated WSA's. There's not much legal riding left in NE Nevada anyway. In the last 30 years we've seen somewhere between 500,000 to 700,000 acres taken from the public in the name of wilderness, depends if you include WSA's. If I can't access it today my son can't access it tomorrow and with continued advanced of the perimeters my grandson sure as hell has no chance of access when he grows up. The only area near Elko that I can take a day trip to is Lamoille Canyon, they annexed roughly 99,000 acres for "Land of No Use", and left the public with approximately 1,200 acres for accessible public recreation, a little lopsided don't you think. You should see what a total cluster it becomes on a busy day, can you imagine 100 snowmobiles, 30 skiers, dozens of families out for a bluebird day all sharing 1,200 acres. You need to have been blessed with a grand sense of humor in order to call it fun, and keep the defenceless little ones within reach. It used to be a Utopia until someone hairbrain created wilderness.

Premium Features