• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 HYMARK TURBO SYSTEM ???

J
Dec 14, 2008
So I have a 1997 670 Summit with a Hymark turbo system. I have no information on this system and was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on this? Every little bit will help.

Last edited:
J
Dec 14, 2008
It burned a piston down on my friend and he gave it to me because he knows nothing about it. I would like to make it run on the lowest boost and try to make it somewhat reliable. It has the fuel injection and all that stuff. So I am trying to find out how to adjust the boost. (waste gate spring?) I'd rather just put it back to stock but I don't want to put a lot money into this sled.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Tighten the spring on the waste gate. Mine burned down because it was a 98 summit x. They didn't realize that there was a difference. It had more timing and compression. Blew it up the first day. They stood behind it. Injector went and burnt down one other time. Most of the stuff that happened was simple to fix but there was always something. Was always breaking the pipe. Power would fall off. Get home and pressure it up and spray soapy water and find the split. Needed a heavier pipe. I would pack 5 gallons of gas and con a buddy into packing 5 and I would still have to leave early. Came out on a rope a lot. Sometimes I was just out of fuel. Once was a fuse. Once was due to the injector bracket broke. Once was a short. Twice due to burn down. It was fun on the hill. It would load up bad in the trees. My buddies loved this sled.

Premium Features