• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 M8 Belt Replacement

Tempest

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
I picked up my 2009 M8 SP 162 last friday. The question I have is, how do you remove and replace the belt with the new helix. The old sleds(2005-2008) were fairly easy. But the new sleds have the reverse notch in the helix, which makes it difficult to open up the secondary clutch. Is there a special tool? My dealer was going to look into this. We had a tough time installing the belt from the factory, as they are shipped not installed. Any thoughts?

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
how to is illustrated in the release pdf . , but you just flip the end cap over

page 145ish

good reading page 141-150 ~

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
1st thing is to never go back to that dealer again! Especially if he doesn't know how to change a belt and will "look into it".
Seriously, every dealer should know this and if not it is in the owners manual and I'm sure its in the service manual also.

Also I hope they didn't pry the belt on.

Remove the secondary bolt, collar and washers.
Set the washers aside, and thread the bolt and collar back in.
This will spread the sheeves and allow you to change the belt.
Mine was still a little tough to do, so I use an extra large washer along with the collar to spread the sheeves even further and make it easier.

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
i got it at work but i got it off achat ,, lemi see if i can dig up a link ,, i linked it to snowwest at least 4 times already

Premium Features