• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E3 plugs

H

heavy d

Nov 21, 2010
Sorry if this has been beat to death. I've searched, but havn't really found anything difinitive.

Has anyone ran these in their 900 ? I am a die hard NGK guy, but these guys make some interesting claims as far as milage and longevity go. (Although I've never had a problem with either on NGK).

I'd be interested in hearing the good or bad.

thanks, HD

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
All a plug has to do is provide spark. The cheapest plugs even do a good job at that. My vote is for the regular NGK's that you have built faith in!

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
interesting design, mine has had the champions in it from day one and has never fouled a plug. They are cheep and I can get them at the autoparts stores.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
interesting design, mine has had the champions in it from day one and has never fouled a plug. They are cheep and I can get them at the autoparts stores.

Yup, why spend extra... although I am more of an NGK guy.
I think the exotic plugs made of expensive materials are more suited to the auto industry to prolong tune up intervals.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Yup, why spend extra... although I am more of an NGK guy.
I think the exotic plugs made of expensive materials are more suited to the auto industry to prolong tune up intervals.

I like NGK too, but my sled came with champions and they never fouled. The also cost about 1/4 the cost of NGK so why switch?

H
Oct 13, 2011
the only advantage E3 plugs have is with the tHree ground prongs is that when one finally burns off, there is another ground the spark jumps to therefore having a longer lifespan. now if the spark was strong and went to all the grounds, then there would be a different story. IMO there junk. stick with NGK.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
the only advantage E3 plugs have is with the tHree ground prongs is that when one finally burns off, there is another ground the spark jumps to therefore having a longer lifespan. now if the spark was strong and went to all the grounds, then there would be a different story. IMO there junk. stick with NGK.

Then they are a waste of money IMO and may cost you more. If the ground breaks off think of what it will do to the piston, cylinder, or crank or all. It is small but it still is a foreign object in the engine. All spark plugs are designed to do are what they all do from cheap ones to expensive ones, create spark and they all do that. Just got to find the ones that work with your engine. Mine likes the ngk and fouls the champions.

Premium Features