• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dash lights going out on 2005 2500HD?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Anyony had this happen to them? All my radio button lights, heater switch lights, steering wheel control button lights, etc are all going out? wtf? is this fixable or do i have to buy a whole new dash pretty much?

truck is an 05' with 84000 on it

68rustbucket

Nov 30, 2009
wpg mb
Anyony had this happen to them? All my radio button lights, heater switch lights, steering wheel control button lights, etc are all going out? wtf? is this fixable or do i have to buy a whole new dash pretty much?

The gauge cluster and radio can be repaired, not sure about the heater controls, but you'll need new steering wheel controls. It happens all the time on these trucks.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
The gauge cluster and radio can be repaired, not sure about the heater controls, but you'll need new steering wheel controls. It happens all the time on these trucks.

what a f-ing joke .... i am never buying another gm truck, period. that is assinine they cant build these with better quality than that.

J

JohnnyH

Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT

Did it all happen at once ?
What about you IP cluster back lights?

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
It isn't a fuse, they've slowly been going out one by oonr for about 3 months now :(

Premium Features