• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help Me ID Crank 30mm vs 32mm

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Bought a used engine, it has been apart because the upper case has been cleaned up with a porting tool.

The person I bought it from said it had one cyl go down. That is obvious. So I got a few good parts.

Trying to id the Cranksaft. No real numbers on it

I don' have any large tape / small taper clutches just laying around.

It has 2 6802 koyo 40mm bearings on the pto end seperated by 2 spacers.

What do I measure to see if is large taper ?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
The size refers to the major diameter "Large end" of the taper. Measure it just before the machined radius. Where the inboard end of the clutch taper sits when torqued.

E
Jan 14, 2018
Primary Clutch Issue

I am dealing with a similar situation.. my sled is deep in the Montana backcountry right now and trying to get a replacement clutch to change out in the field. I realize there is a 30mm and a 33mm taper and would like to try and figure out which one i need without having to go back to my sled w/o the part.

I am on a 2006 RMK 900 159". The only numbers i was able to pull off the clutch was 5630392 08.
Anyone have info on this? The only this i was able to find was that the clutch will be different depending on where it was manufactured?

First sled, first post.

Thanks!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
They are visually diff Lee. Snap a pic of the pto end

Egefell,

Same for you but the clutch cover has a date etched in it. If the date is 2008-up it’s a 32mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Measure at the RING on the Crank if used if not used then you can look at the crank casting

picture.php

Premium Features