• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
WARRANTY

Excuse my ignorance.
Machine a space for the bearing in layman's terms.
Currently the case has room for the bearing to slide toward and away from the crank.
If u 'machine a space' for the bearing. It will be just large enough for the bearing. Leaving zero space for the bearing to slide.
U would have a 'lip' on each side of the bearing, essentially holding it in place, similar to ur clip. U will have a set space away from the crank and on the other side , a space away from the seal.

This is not something u can do to the current cases but could with future cases.

OH MY ! This got way off track as far as what I was frustrated about. SORRY !

WHAT GoBigParts “ sparked “ was more about the same on the PTO bearing ( As TRS Tony says........ ) it’s a blind hole case...... And it’s not like each 1/2 of the bearing bores are machined separately.

They are bored when they bolted together ...... Because of the length ....It’s most likely bored with a boring head so steps are not an option.

So..... that is why I said from the beginning it needs a bearing lock ring..... ( either way ) it is a completely different tool used to cut a groove.

It’s a floating bearing so it really can’t be trapped in the case boring process.. it needs a pin or lock r8ng.

My frustration was really pointed at the center bearings ( like mentioned in another thread ) where 2 motors went down because of the center bearings.

If Polaris thinks there is a ( proper fix to the Bottom-End ) with it in a Assemble state they are dreaming.

Indy Specialty LLC ....... and all of you people are 850 customers.

The sled has a 4 year warranty........ and it needs to be fixed correctly.

And my stance stands the same as from the beginning.... The motor needs a full blowen recall be done correctly.

The bottom-end PTO bearing has to have.....A Locator

And the Bottom-end center oil cavity has to have.... a better over-flow.

It’s funny to me...... Polaris can’t seem to except the facts yet....and they are not set up logistically to ..... ( Fix mistakes ) they are only capable of NEW from a mass production stand point.

And what’s really funny...... Is that a Red Neck company like Indy Specialty could pretty easily handle fixing say 10,000 motors fairly fast.

But it would ruin the business because all normal customer work would have to stop completely..... and that would create a hole that would be very costly to refill...... so no outside company can do the job unless Polaris owns or buys them.

The warranty turn around would ruin a secondary company after it was over ( because of the losss of flowing business to what they did from day to day. )

So my guess is this...... Not Polaris, and Not any other outside secondary company can solve this problem until ( Spring ) and summer on a full recall.

The Logistics are staggering......

it would also kill most Polaris dealers....... ( BECAUSE ) and I am going to say this next statement loudly.

POLARIS DOESN’T PAY THEIR DEALERS **** ON WARRANTY WORK !!!!

NOT ONLY DO THEY NOT PAY ENOUGH HOURS REQUIRED TO GET THE JOB IT SELF DONE.......

THEY DO NOT PAY FULL SHOP RATE...... ITS A DISCOUNT INTERNAL RATE THAT BARELY COVERS THE TECHS WAGES !!!

AND NOW THE TECHS ARE ALL TO BUSY FIXING POLAIRS SCREW UPS TO MAKE FULL SHOP RATE ON GOOD CUSTOMER WORK YOU HAVE.

I AM GOING TO MAKE 2 MORE AGGRESSIVE STATEMENTS POINTED AT TWO COMPANIES...... ONE BIG AND ONE SMALL.

#1 - POLARIS INDUSTRIES
#2 - HANSON RACING

I BELIEVE FOR THE FIRST TIME ITS POSSIBLE FOR ALL,DEALERS TO STAND TOGETHER UNITED AS A TEAM AND DEMAND FULL SHOP RETAIL ON ALL 850 WARRANTY WORK .....

FOR EVERY HOUR & EVERY MINUTE ....AND ALL LOGISTICAL BULLCHIT ( MEANING.......

PHONE CALLS WITH CUSTOMERS
LOADING AND UNLOADING SLEDS
DIGGING SLEDS OUT OF THE SNOW
THAWING THEM OUT
DEALING WITH WARRANTY BS
LOSS OF OTHER BUSINESS ( in other words screwing up your entire business because os Polaris )
DEALERS PLEASE HERE ME ! ......( DO NOT LET THIS TURN INTO A 900 FUSION OR 800 DRAGON DEAL )

THE ENTIRE DEALER NETWOEK SUFFERS FROM THIS FAR WORSE THEN POLARIS........ ( DEALERS MUST UNITE NOW )

NOW TO ( ERIC ) @ HANSON RACING ENGINES - ERIC I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO SAY I AM VERY SORRY ABOUT THE PASSING OF KEVIN SEVERAL YEARS AGO.

AND I COULD ONLY WISH HE WAS BY YOUR SIDE TODAY !

I CAN ONLY BET THAT POLARIS HAS COME KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR WITH THE 850 TRAIN WRECK.

I WISH YOU POWER AND THE BALLS TO STAND STRONG AND REALIZE THAT THIS WILL ONLY BE GOOD FOR YOU ( HANSON RACING ENGINES ) IF YOU THINK OF YOU AND YOU ONLY.

I SUGGEST YOU GET A GOOD LAWYER OR BUSINESS ADVISOR TO HELP YOU WITH A TRUE AND SURE PATH TO MASS PROFIT OFF THIS POLARIS BLUNDER.

AND DON’T THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT YOU ARE LUCKY BECAUSE THEY CALLED !

YOU CREATE YOUR OWN LUCK TO SOME DEGREE !

SO STAND STRONG GET PAID AT LEAST 1/2 THE MONEY UP FRONT.

TAKE WHAT EVER PRICE YOU THINK YOU NEED TO CHARGE AND TRIPPLE IT.

AND MARK MY WORD MY FRIEND .....ERIC IN THE END YOU WILL SAY THE FOLLOWING.

IF DAN FROM INDY SPECIALTY HAD NOT POSTED THIS MESSAGE ON SNOWEST I WOULD HAVE GONE BROKE HELPING POLARIS.

AT TRIPPLE THE PRICE YOU THINK YOU CAN DO THIS TYPE MASS WARRANTY WORK AT...... WILL LOGISTICALLY RUN YIU RIGHT OVER AND LEAVE YOU FOR DEAD.

AT TRIPPLE YOUR HIGHEST ESTIMATE YOU WILL STILL BE ON THE SHORT SIDE.

EVERYONE OUTSIDE POLARIS NEEDS TO STAND TOGETHER AND DROP THE HAMMER ON POLARIS THIS TIME AROUND.

ALL, LOYAL POLARIS CUSTOMERS & DEALERS MUST STAND UNITED THIS TIME AROUND.

DAN

Last edited:

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Not to get off topic but I have 200 miles and 8.5 hours on my 19 800. 80mi and 16 hours seems like a lot of hours for that few of miles? Wonder if my calibration is off? Any thoughts?

First ride was 4.2 miles and 1.3 hours after warmup and farting around

Took to Cooke and unloaded . 4.3 and 1.5

Wife rode it two days and I rode it one for a total of 79 miles and 15.6 hours
Average Speed 16 mph

I also have a 17 and 18 both have 800 or less miles ..

I ride Trees and sidehill in the deep . No trail riding on this fleet . I do minimal after the snow hits here but not much . I think the last one with high mileage had 1200 and 150+ hours

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Big picture

OH MY ! This got way off track as far as what I was frustrated about. SORRY !

WHAT GoBigParts “ sparked “ was more about the same on the PTO bearing ( As TRS Tony says........ ) it’s a blind hole case...... And it’s not like each 1/2 of the bearing bores are machined separately.

They are bored when they bolted together ...... Because of the length ....It’s most likely bored with a boring head so steps are not an option.

So..... that is why I said from the beginning it needs a bearing lock ring..... ( either way ) it is a completely different tool used to cut a groove.

It’s a floating bearing so it really can’t be trapped in the case boring process.. it needs a pin or lock r8ng.

My frustration was really pointed at the center bearings ( like mentioned in another thread ) where 2 motors went down because of the center bearings.

If Polaris thinks there is a ( proper fix to the Bottom-End ) with it in a Assemble state they are dreaming.

Indy Specialty LLC ....... and all of you people are 850 customers.

The sled has a 4 year warranty........ and it needs to be fixed correctly.

And my stance stands the same as from the beginning.... The motor needs a full blowen recall be done correctly.

The bottom-end PTO bearing has to have.....A Locator

And the Bottom-end center oil cavity has to have.... a better over-flow.

It’s funny to me...... Polaris can’t seem to except the facts yet....and they are not set up logistically to ..... ( Fix mistakes ) they are only capable of NEW from a mass production stand point.

And what’s really funny...... Is that a Red Neck company like Indy Specialty could pretty easily handle fixing say 10,000 motors fairly fast.

But it would ruin the business because all normal customer work would have to stop completely..... and that would create a hole that would be very costly to refill...... so no outside company can do the job unless Polaris owns or buys them.

The warranty turn around would ruin a secondary company after it was over ( because of the losss of flowing business to what they did from day to day. )

So my guess is this...... Not Polaris, and Not any other outside secondary company can solve this problem until ( Spring ) and summer on a full recall.

The Logistics are staggering......

it would also kill most Polaris dealers....... ( BECAUSE ) and I am going to say this next statement loudly.

POLARIS DOESN’T PAY THEIR DEALERS **** ON WARRANTY WORK !!!!

NOT ONLY DO THEY NOT PAY ENOUGH HOURS REQUIRED TO GET THE JOB IT SELF DONE.......

THEY DO NOT PAY FULL SHOP RATE...... ITS A DISCOUNT INTERNAL RATE THAT BARELY COVERS THE TECHS WAGES !!!

AND NOW THE TECHS ARE ALL TO BUSY FIXING POLAIRS SCREW UPS TO MAKE FULL SHOP RATE ON GOOD CUSTOMER WORK YOU HAVE.

I AM GOING TO MAKE 2 MORE AGGRESSIVE STATEMENTS POINTED AT TWO COMPANIES...... ONE BIG AND ONE SMALL.

#1 - POLARIS INDUSTRIES
#2 - HANSON RACING

I BELIEVE FOR THE FIRST TIME ITS POSSIBLE FOR ALL,DEALERS TO STAND TOGETHER UNITED AS A TEAM AND DEMAND FULL SHOP RETAIL ON ALL 850 WARRANTY WORK .....

FOR EVERY HOUR & EVERY MINUTE ....AND ALL LOGISTICAL BULLCHIT ( MEANING.......

PHONE CALLS WITH CUSTOMERS
LOADING AND UNLOADING SLEDS
DIGGING SLEDS OUT OF THE SNOW
THAWING THEM OUT
DEALING WITH WARRANTY BS
LOSS OF OTHER BUSINESS ( in other words screwing up your entire business because os Polaris )
DEALERS PLEASE HERE ME ! ......( DO NOT LET THIS TURN INTO A 900 FUSION OR 800 DRAGON DEAL )

THE ENTIRE DEALER NETWOEK SUFFERS FROM THIS FAR WORSE THEN POLARIS........ ( DEALERS MUST UNITE NOW )

NOW TO ( ERIC ) @ HANSON RACING ENGINES - ERIC I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO SAY I AM VERY SORRY ABOUT THE PASSING OF KEVIN SEVERAL YEARS AGO.

AND I COULD ONLY WISH HE WAS BY YOUR SIDE TODAY !

I CAN ONLY BET THAT POLARIS HAS COME KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR WITH THE 850 TRAIN WRECK.

I WISH YOU POWER AND THE BALLS TO STAND STRONG AND REALIZE THAT THIS WILL ONLY BE GOOD FOR YOU ( HANSON RACING ENGINES ) IF YOU THINK OF YOU AND YOU ONLY.

I SUGGEST YOU GET A GOOD LAWYER OR BUSINESS ADVISOR TO HELP YOU WITH A TRUE AND SURE PATH TO MASS PROFIT OFF THIS POLARIS BLUNDER.

AND DON’T THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT YOU ARE LUCKY BECAUSE THEY CALLED !

YOU CREATE YOUR OWN LUCK TO SOME DEGREE !

SO STAND STRONG GET PAID AT LEAST 1/2 THE MONEY UP FRONT.

TAKE WHAT EVER PRICE YOU THINK YOU NEED TO CHARGE AND TRIPPLE IT.

AND MARK MY WORD MY FRIEND .....ERIC IN THE END YOU WILL SAY THE FOLLOWING.

IF DAN FROM INDY SPECIALTY HAD NOT POSTED THIS MESSAGE ON SNOWEST I WOULD HAVE GONE BROKE HELPING POLARIS.

AT TRIPPLE THE PRICE YOU THINK YOU CAN DO THIS TYPE MASS WARRANTY WORK AT...... WILL LOGISTICALLY RUN YIU RIGHT OVER AND LEAVE YOU FOR DEAD.

AT TRIPPLE YOUR HIGHEST ESTIMATE YOU WILL STILL BE ON THE SHORT SIDE.

EVERYONE OUTSIDE POLARIS NEEDS TO STAND TOGETHER AND DROP THE HAMMER ON POLARIS THIS TIME AROUND.

ALL, LOYAL POLARIS CUSTOMERS & DEALERS MUST STAND UNITED THIS TIME AROUND.

DAN

Finally!!!
The big picture has been brought up!
These company's get away with doing this to all dealers. Doesn't matter who it is it happens all the time. Dealers can't servive on this kind of warranty work.
Thanks for speaking up for them Dan!
I just hope they listen.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
I was up in the Eastern UP riding the back country a few weeks ago. A brand new 850 was locked up a few hundred yards from the parking lot. The sled looked like it was out on its maiden ride or at the very least had very little time on it.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Finally!!!
The big picture has been brought up!
These company's get away with doing this to all dealers. Doesn't matter who it is it happens all the time. Dealers can't servive on this kind of warranty work.
Thanks for speaking up for them Dan!
I just hope they listen.

My Dad was a snowmobile dealer and he had to file bankruptcy arounf 1975 because of warranty and how corporate snowmobile companies screwed their dealers then...... And continue to do the same today.

I believe it's far worse now........ The reason I am in the snowmobile business is because it's all I know.

And what happened to my dad is still fresh in my memory.

I VOWED TO MAKE IT IN THIS BUSINESS ( NOT ) BEING A DEALER OR SLAVE TO THE INDUSTRIY.

I TRUELY FEEL SORRY FOR ALL DEALERS THE WAY POLARIS PISSES DOWN THEIR THROATS.

THE MARGINS HAVE SHRUNK AND THE WORK LOAD HAS GONE UP.

THE LOGISTICAL WORK INVOLVE IN HANDLING PRODUCT AND GOING TO SHOWS IS UNDER ESTIMATED BY POLARIS.

AND THE INTERNET HAS DESTROYED THE OEM PARTS MARGINS.

ITS TIME TO STAND UNITED POLARIS DEALERS !

THIS MIGHT BE YOUR LAST CHANCE AT IT.

DAN

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
We are not getting to the area where I wanted it to go.

It's so important for the DEALER NETWORK to stay stonge !

Polaris can NOT SURVIVE without a dealer network.

I have been doing this my entire life and TRUST people the dealer have TO ABSOLUTELY to bust their a$$ES just to keep their heads above water and they HAVE TO HAVE another line to make a profit.

There has NOT been a profitable wage available for a small to mid size dealer since the 1960's

Only the super MONSTER dealers can make a buck and it takes MASSIVE capital cash to do it.

Average dealer margin per sled across the industry has been about $300 bucks for paver 40 years.

And then after interest payments and dead beat models and ( LOGISTICAL HANDLING ) there that word again..... LOGISTICS ( in other words the massive handling expense of moving somethings around without wheels.

What that means people is dealer make ZERO per new sled sold. ( when you take the average of all sleds and handled and the time value of money )

The sleds THEMSELVES are a net ZERO

profit has to be made up somewhere else...... In the dealership.

I am an expert in this area and you can mark my words...... NO DEALER OWNER WILL COME ON HERE AND SAY I AM WRONG.

I have watched over 20 dealers crash and burn..... And they all thought it was their fault personally that they didn't make it.

As did my Dad....... He knows now it wan't his fault.

Dan

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Facts.

We are not getting to the area where I wanted it to go.

It's so important for the DEALER NETWORK to stay stonge !

Polaris can NOT SURVIVE without a dealer network.

I have been doing this my entire life and TRUST people the dealer have TO ABSOLUTELY to bust their a$$ES just to keep their heads above water and they HAVE TO HAVE another line to make a profit.

There has NOT been a profitable wage available for a small to mid size dealer since the 1960's

Only the super MONSTER dealers can make a buck and it takes MASSIVE capital cash to do it.

Average dealer margin per sled across the industry has been about $300 bucks for paver 40 years.

And then after interest payments and dead beat models and ( LOGISTICAL HANDLING ) there that word again..... LOGISTICS ( in other words the massive handling expense of moving somethings around without wheels.

What that means people is dealer make ZERO per new sled sold. ( when you take the average of all sleds and handled and the time value of money )

The sleds THEMSELVES are a net ZERO

profit has to be made up somewhere else...... In the dealership.

I am an expert in this area and you can mark my words...... NO DEALER OWNER WILL COME ON HERE AND SAY I AM WRONG.

I have watched over 20 dealers crash and burn..... And they all thought it was their fault personally that they didn't make it.

As did my Dad....... He knows now it wan't his fault.

Dan

This is so true.
I've watched most of the smaller dealers here close.
The ones that are left have to have multiple lines (vehicles, boats, lawn and garden or what ever else) to sell and service so they can stay in business!

D
Dec 2, 2012
Quahog
We lost two cat dealers within an hour of each other close to me. There is an awesome dealer that is about an hour and a half east of here which I would love to be dealing with(Switch to cat). I think this 850 is either going to make or break the dealers. It is all going to be how polaris the corporation handles it. The dealers are going to have to be very good to the guys having problems of course so they do have some control over it.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
This is so true.
I've watched most of the smaller dealers here close.
The ones that are left have to have multiple lines (vehicles, boats, lawn and garden or what ever else) to sell and service so they can stay in business!

EXACTLY 100% CORRECT !

AND CAN ONE PERSON EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LINE TO HOLD HOLD THE POLARIS LINE ?

And i do NOT want to hear one person say the following statement ( WELL THEY HAVE SIDE BY SIDE SALES TO MAKE UP FOR IT SLEDS )

BULLCHIT !!! THE POLARIS SLED LINE IN A DEALERSHIP NEEDS TO BE FIXED AND IT NEEDS TO START STANDING UP AS A PROFIT BUISNESS INSTEAD OF A NEVER ENDING DRAIN ON THE BUSINESS OWNERS LIFE.

DEALERS YOU BETTER HEAR ME ROAR !!

MAKE NOTE WHEN YOU ARE ON THE PHONE WITH POLARIS THIS NEXT YEAR
( AND WHEN YOU ORDER YOUR NEXT PRESEAS ORDER )

IT IS NOT A PRIVILLAGE TO BE A DEALER...... AND POLARIS DESERVES NO RESPECT.

THEY NEED TO START RESPECTING THEIR DEALERS.

THE DEALERS NEED TO START MAKING THE RULES........ NOT POLARIS.

AND WARRANTY PARTS SHOW UP FREE NO CHARGE... ( NOT CHARGE TO YOUR ACCOUNT ) AND POLARIS NEEDS TO ISSUE MONEY IN THE DEALERS BANK ACCOUNT FOR THE WORK DONE.

NOT GIVE THEM SOME LAME CREDIT TOWARDS THEIR NEXT SEASONS STOCK ORDER.

I AM ON A MISSION TO RIGHT THE SHIP FOR THE DEALERS... AND HAMMER THE BEAN COUNTERS AT POLARIS ..... THEY ARE THE ONES 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS MESS.

NOT THE ENGINEERS.

DAN

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Its actually "Go Big Parts" Well when it first locked up the pull rope would not free it. We let it sit a few minutes and used the clutch to free it up. That is not normal. I'm actually surprised it ran so good after that.

I have the best dealer in the world I think when it comes to warranty work. They always take care of us and at no charge. They do whats required. If Polaris asks for pictures they send them, If Polaris tells them to try something they do it.
with these details I can understand

I know it's not godaddy, I have a wierd sense of humour

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
It’s wishful thinking at best to think Polaris will issue any kind of recall on these problems...marketing suicide not to mention the associated costs and incredible burden on the dealer network, as outlined by Dan. Add in the potential for lawsuits and it’s a no-brainer. They are likely working on a fix right now for the next production run of engines. They will continue to repair/replace engines on affected units until all current motor inventory is depleted and only then will 2019 owners see the updated improvements. And that’s only if their motors fail and a replacement is approved by PI. The $$$ to do a running change will also be more cost effective than a full out recall. They will never admit in black and white print to a design flaw. They will market the 2020 850 as “improved and more durable”...there will be no mention of “Yep, we eff’d up and gonna make things right”. Won’t happen.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
EXACTLY 100% CORRECT !

AND CAN ONE PERSON EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SOMEONE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LINE TO HOLD HOLD THE POLARIS LINE ?

And i do NOT want to hear one person say the following statement ( WELL THEY HAVE SIDE BY SIDE SALES TO MAKE UP FOR IT SLEDS )

BULLCHIT !!! THE POLARIS SLED LINE IN A DEALERSHIP NEEDS TO BE FIXED AND IT NEEDS TO START STANDING UP AS A PROFIT BUISNESS INSTEAD OF A NEVER ENDING DRAIN ON THE BUSINESS OWNERS LIFE.

AND WARRANTY PARTS SHOW UP FREE NO CHARGE... ( NOT CHARGE TO YOUR ACCOUNT ) AND POLARIS NEEDS TO ISSUE MONEY IN THE DEALERS BANK ACCOUNT FOR THE WORK DONE.

I AM ON A MISSION TO RIGHT THE SHIP FOR THE DEALERS... AND HAMMER THE BEAN COUNTERS AT POLARIS ..... THEY ARE THE ONES 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THIS MESS.

NOT THE ENGINEERS.

DAN

Yup, you got that right. These seem to be the dealers in Michigan that are making it.

46678520771_275d61bd1d_z.jpg

46625817722_ef7c747080_z.jpg

46678432881_cf2182dc9b_z.jpg

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
EXACTLY 100% CORRECT !

NOT THE ENGINEERS.

DAN

Like Dan I grew up in this industry and worked my a$$ off to garner a rep for myself. Then I brought my husband in and he worked his a$$ off to garner a rep for himself. We did this just to make it. (And we love what we do) It is so hard in this day and age of the Internet and huge online stores to make a dollar in this game. You have to make your money on your parts sales and service work and Dan's right we get screwed on warranty we always have but we sign the dealer agreement, we agree to the manufacturer's "terms and conditions". We could be like Montana and fight them and then not "qualify" for rebates and other promotions. Or we could say nope not touching it call Polaris make them fix it. Its frustrating I do not want another 800 dragon recall or Proclimb belt fiasco I am so sick of recalls I could puke. Thanks for the support Dan but unless WE all band together and Hire a lawyer to sue Polaris we are stuck fixing this Sh!t and eating the loss...….

Michelle

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
It’s wishful thinking at best to think Polaris will issue any kind of recall on these problems...marketing suicide not to mention the associated costs, as outlined by Dan. Add in the potential for lawsuits and it’s a no-brainer. They are likely working on a fix right now for the next production run of engines. They will continue to repair/replace engines on affected units until all current motor inventory is depleted and only then will 2019 owners see the updated improvements. And that’s only if they’re motors fail and a replacement is approved by PI. The $$$ to do a running change will also be more cost effective than a full out recall. They will never admit in black and white print to a design flaw. They will market the 2020 850 as “improved and more durable”...there will be no mention of “Yep, we eff’d up and gonna make things right”. Won’t happen.

100% CORRECT AGAIN !

THEY WILL NOT ADMIT TO ANYTHING THEY WILL DO WHAT WORKS BEST FOR THEIR BOTTOM-LINE AND ZERO REGUARD FOR THE HELL THE DEALERSHIP GOES THRU.

AGAIN MY POINT................. DEALERS YOU HAVE GOT TO DROP THE HAMMER ON POLARIS.

DO NOT LET THEM MAKE THIS YOUR PROBLEM.

DEMAND FULL SHOP RATE ! PLUS EMPLOYEE OVERTIME !

DOUBLE TIME FOR WEEK END WORK ON SUNDAYS.

DO NOT BE PISS ANT COWARDS OVER THIS AND LET POLARIS TELL YOU HOW ITS GOING TO BE.

IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY HELP WITH HOW TO HANDLE POLARIS ON THIS ONE I WOULD BE GLAD TO HAVE MASSIVE DEALER MEETING AT MY SHOP AND FORM A PLAN ON HOW THE DEALERS ARE GOING TO TELL POLARIS WHAT THEIR LABOR AND EMPLOYEES ARE WORTH.

DO NOT EXCEPT INTERNAL RATES..... PUSHED OFF PAYMENTS ON WARRANTY UNTIL POLARIS FIGURES OUT A WAY TO GET YOU TO GET YOUR MONEY BY BUYING MORE OF THEIR SCREWED UP FIRST RUN STUFF.

I WANT EVERYONE READING THIS TO TELL THEIR DEALERS WHAT I AM SAYING.

THIS WARRANTY WILL COST YOUR DEALERS OUT OF POCKET MORE THEN THEY MADE ON EVERY SNO-CKECK SLED ALL ADDED TOGETHER #10.....

REMEMBNER WHAT THE MARGIN I EXPLAIN WERE ON POLARIS SNOWMOBILES...........

10x NOTHING IS STILL NOTHING.

THIS IS THE EXACT REASON TRUMP WAS ELECTED.........THE PEOPLE WERE TIRED OF THE SAME NO MATTER WHAT THEY THOUGHT ABOUT TRUMP...

THEY WENT TO THE BALLET BOX AND CLOSED THEIR EYES AND PICKED TRUMP !

DO NOT TURN THIS POLITICAL **( NO POLITICAL POSTS ) IT WAS A COMPARISON.

ITS TIME FOR THE DEALERS TO RISE TOGETHER AND DROP THE HAMMER ON POLARIS.

AND THEY SCREWED US ALL ON THE VICTORY MOTORCYCLES AS WELL.

YES I AM MAD ABOUT THAT AS WELL.

Dan

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
A few years back a Powersports dealership became open..
Spent a few weeks researching, meeting with the reps etc.. Came to the same conclusion, how in the world is it possible to make any decent money doing this?
Unless as has been mentioned, you have several lines, boats, rev's, lawn and garden whatever it is you can sell, really...

Too bad, always thought it was a dream job to own a Powersports dealership. Think I'll stick to keeping my heavy duty business and buy my own toys as needed lol..

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Cannon Power Sports is My Dealer

Like Dan I grew up in this industry and worked my a$$ off to garner a rep for myself. Then I brought my husband in and he worked his a$$ off to garner a rep for himself. We did this just to make it. (And we love what we do) It is so hard in this day and age of the Internet and huge online stores to make a dollar in this game. You have to make your money on your parts sales and service work and Dan's right we get screwed on warranty we always have but we sign the dealer agreement, we agree to the manufacturer's "terms and conditions". We could be like Montana and fight them and then not "qualify" for rebates and other promotions. Or we could say nope not touching it call Polaris make them fix it. Its frustrating I do not want another 800 dragon recall or Proclimb belt fiasco I am so sick of recalls I could puke. Thanks for the support Dan but unless WE all band together and Hire a lawyer to sue Polaris we are stuck fixing this Sh!t and eating the loss...….

Michelle

Randy & Michelle Knadle are the force at Cannon Power Sports behind taking care of supplying Indy Specialty's parts for our Polaris motors.

They are aslo one of the best stocking dealers of Snowmobile outwest Survival gear.

They have a massive inventory and offer same day shipping.

If i asked for a part and they don't have it.....they ask do you think you will sell more of these ? if i say yes they start stocking it plain and simple.

They are a rare dealer with a vision of being a stocking dealer.

If you need and Avy gear call Randy or Michelle they have everything.

everybody wants everything right now these days..........and inventory cost alot of money and margins are slim.

i turely admire the hard work the staff at Cannon Power put out.

Thanks Randy & Michelle.

Dan

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
There is a parallelism between owning a bar, and owning a retail powersports dealership; a few will have big success (with much to do with timing and location), many will go down in flames with associated carnage, and most will keep on keeping on, squeak by, looking for a way to exit.

These threads are costing PI thousands - yes - thousands of snowchecks this Spring - just look at the views - there were 347 people viewing this thread right now in the middle of a work day. Likely to be the biggest hit on sales due to completely self-inflicted wounds that they've yet experienced. So far. Just watch what happens this Spring, when we also hear the behind-the-scenes stories from the upcoming dealer show.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
There will always be the guys like my buds who ride 850 Polaris sleds: They shrug their shoulders and say "warranty." They also (both) bring backup sleds to the lots with them. And they both say when asked why they have two sleds "Because I ride a Polaris."

Premium Features