• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 Polaris 700 RMK bogging out

J
Sep 21, 2013
Vancouver, WA
My 2008 rmk 700 Is still bogging out and I am now out of ideas. Maybe yall could help? It started a month or two ago, wouldn't pull revs and would almost die if you have it too much throttle too quickly. Took it into the shop, noticed the clutches were in major need of a rebuild, checked compression and it was low on the left bank so we replaced the pistons while we were in there. TPS sensor and fuel filter were replaced as well.
Finally found some snow here in the NW and what do ya know, it's doing the same f!@&ing thing! Any idea what it could be? Power valves are clean and the boots/springs look good. Friend mentioned that it could be the VR? I just replaced that and my ECU last year, and the dash wasn't blinking or anything like it did when the regulator went out.

Any advice would be appreciated! It only seems to have the problem when under load/in the snow if that helps at all.

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Check the tension on the throttle wire, if this has opened and screw itself up you'll get this problem. I had it on my 07-DRMK700.

SJORMK7

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hayden Idaho
I am going with stator, I spent all kinds of time trying to fix a similar issue.(read my posts) it would of been a lot faster just checking the stator first. Good Luck.

Premium Features