• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's amazing what can be found laying around... 2016 880 E-tec perhaps?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
For whatever it is worth a dealer here confirmed the 880 rumor as being factual. We will know in a few days. I rode the T3 174 on Saturday for the first time. It is a nice sled that does everything very well. It wasn't broken in yet so the engine was not pulling as hard as it will when the computer lets it work at full tilt. It still had great power. Limiter straps were too loose or something. It needed more ski pressure. The rear track shock is not very good and the front shocks are too soft. I bottomed it out three times. The rear track shock needs more rebound damping. I also don't like the stock skis very much. That may have been partially due to the loose limiter straps. We could have had better snow conditions but we did get into one area that was protected from the sun and we found some pretty good snow there.

R

RS_Rider

Nov 14, 2014
Northern WI & UP of MI
Just put this up over on dooTalk as well; the picture of the rumored "new" sleds with an 880R E-Tec are (or should I say probably are) photoshopped. I spent a little time and came up with very similar results:

K
Sep 11, 2013
Just put this up over on dooTalk as well; the picture of the rumored "new" sleds with an 880R E-Tec are (or should I say probably are) photoshopped. I spent a little time and came up with very similar results:

You are missing the "INTERNAL USE ONLY" banner all over the page. I am not saying this is real, but does anyone remember last year when the T3 package and all of the 2015 colors were leaked all over the internet prior to its debut? I was well aware of the new features a week before the launch last year. I can see it happening again (maybe on purpose).

daneo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2011
NORTHERN B.C.
im not saying its real or not i think its probably fake but rs_rider said it was fake he was showing what he was able to do with photoshop

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
Big John

Looks like BJ should see some royalties if this comes to be true...nothing like letting the aftermarket R&D to perfect it then to have a mfg grab it and go with it. Maybe it will have SHR880 stickers on it from the factory?

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
I could see a 180 hp sled coming from doo, to keep up with cat and yamaha. That being said odds are it would be a 4 stroke turbo.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
What ever happened to the e-tec 2 rumor? That engine was suppose to get the hp increase and even better fuel economy also

Gros Chien

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Qc,Can. & Whistler in the winter
What ever happened to the e-tec 2 rumor? That engine was suppose to get the hp increase and even better fuel economy also

Didn't mentioned on my previous post but that is what my source told me, 800 super lean and low oil consumption but hard to believe IMO, reason I didn't post this, so we'll see monday what's all about the e-tec 2.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
Winter brew, I sure hope you're wrong. I am not holding out for more hp, but some lighter weight and more vertical steering would be awesome.

Premium Features