• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new poo

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I got to spend most of a day on one of these a couple weeks ago. I was impressed with the changes they made, all for the positive. I am still a Doo guy, but I would like to see Doo drop some weight and improve that front end durability. Both brands have their plusses and minuses.
I'm happy to answer any questions as we got quite detailed info on the new chassis and got to go over the sled as much as we wanted, rode about 30 miles in a variety of terrain in Alpine, Wy.

I was up there as well. You must have been in the afternoon group? I personally wasn't real fond of how it handled in the set up snow (which was everywhere), and I don't mean trail riding. It felt like it took a lot of effort and with the higher center of gravity wanted to pull itself downhill. Did you feel like that at all? Just curious.

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Spent a bit over on the Axys forum reading around, yawn!!
They're all kinds of excited.:noidea::second:

bubblyjock

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
Worland, Wyoming
Watching all the videos I have but one question. Does the new Axys create any LIFT? I don't hear LIFT mentioned in any of the videos. :lol:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I think the only instantaneous lift that guys are getting is in their pants when they think that Polaris has come out with some kind of game changer.
It could be the greatest thing on snow, but until Poo's warranty and durability catches up to Doo, I have zero interest. Still has fragile overstructure, way too lightly built, and I cannot wait to see what an aluminum arms costs! :becky:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
All the patents were filed in 2013 for the AXYS RMK and it's upgrades over the PRO RIDE RMK. I'll bet any patents filed for the Doo T3 and T4 were long after that date. So who refined who's intellectual property?

Yea, I thought so. Go eat your yellow snow!

I'll bet Poo is treading pretty close to Doo's patents on power valve technology at this point.

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
I got to spend most of a day on one of these a couple weeks ago. I was impressed with the changes they made, all for the positive. I am still a Doo guy, but I would like to see Doo drop some weight and improve that front end durability. Both brands have their plusses and minuses.
I'm happy to answer any questions as we got quite detailed info on the new chassis and got to go over the sled as much as we wanted, rode about 30 miles in a variety of terrain in Alpine, Wy.

do you think they upgraded there electrical system with the little time you had to look things over?

J
Mar 19, 2008
That's great. I hope they release something big, but I don't think I'll need to browse the pro sections to read about it. Just thought it was funny. The name calling is cool though. Little bit of insecurity over here it seems.

Last edited:
J

Jeff800

Dec 2, 2007
Washington
And yet a thread on the new Poo is one of the hottest topics on the doo side. LOL!

It's because even though the Pro is the most flickable sidehill sticken sled according to some. In the back of every Pro riders mind their thinking "WHEN" is this motor going to grenade? We Doo riders just can't understand that logic.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I was up there as well. You must have been in the afternoon group? I personally wasn't real fond of how it handled in the set up snow (which was everywhere), and I don't mean trail riding. It felt like it took a lot of effort and with the higher center of gravity wanted to pull itself downhill. Did you feel like that at all? Just curious.

I was in the morning group. Everyone looks the same in their Klim gear, and everyone on identical sleds I had no clue who anyone was except for 2 I had met before.
There was some decent snow on some north facing slopes in the trees, but I agree it wasn't the greatest conditions. It was fairly typical of what I ride most of the time in Wa., we don't often get nice, dry powder so I was at home in those conditions.
It definately took more effort to initiate pull up, but for me being used to riding a XM, the old Pro also seemed to take a lot of effort. Probably more riding style and figuring out what he chassis needs for throttle input, rider position etc... By the end of the ride I was feeling more confident and could see myself at home on this chassis with more time to adapt. I never felt that was about the old Pro.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I'll bet Poo is treading pretty close to Doo's patents on power valve technology at this point.

They all are so similar that is bound to happen really. Look at the auto world...direct injection engines, HID headlights, stability control systems, dual clutch transmissions, etc. Good stuff gets adopted, and bad stuff goes by the way side. Everyone has a thing or 2 that they do first/unique, and all the other stuff is basically the same between all brands. If doo comes out with a belt drive, or better running boards, its not "copying" imo....just progression in general.

When the pro came out, it completely changed the riding style for many people. the other 2 spent the next few years making something that handles similar terrain with similar confidence. That's not "copying"....just changing with the times.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Some of the guys on this thread are a trip. First you complain that Polaris copied something...who cares? It happens in all industries, take the best of anything to make it even better. Stop defending the chunky, fat-around-the-waist XM. It's a great sled (albeit mostly because of the motor). It's time for Doo to move on to a better boondocking sled. But hey, keep telling us how bad the Axys RMK is even though most of us haven't been on it yet. Seriously, it's like a bunch of high school girls here.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
I was in the morning group. Everyone looks the same in their Klim gear, and everyone on identical sleds I had no clue who anyone was except for 2 I had met before.
There was some decent snow on some north facing slopes in the trees, but I agree it wasn't the greatest conditions. It was fairly typical of what I ride most of the time in Wa., we don't often get nice, dry powder so I was at home in those conditions.
It definately took more effort to initiate pull up, but for me being used to riding a XM, the old Pro also seemed to take a lot of effort. Probably more riding style and figuring out what he chassis needs for throttle input, rider position etc... By the end of the ride I was feeling more confident and could see myself at home on this chassis with more time to adapt. I never felt that was about the old Pro.

I wish I would have known. I would have loved to meet you and not just randomly rub shoulders. Thanks for the feedback. See, I had these feelings after being on a Pro for 4 years. I only have a few rides on my T3.

T
Sep 1, 2014
Some of the guys on this thread are a trip. First you complain that Polaris copied something...who cares? It happens in all industries, take the best of anything to make it even better. Stop defending the chunky, fat-around-the-waist XM. It's a great sled (albeit mostly because of the motor). It's time for Doo to move on to a better boondocking sled. But hey, keep telling us how bad the Axys RMK is even though most of us haven't been on it yet. Seriously, it's like a bunch of high school girls here.
You MAD Bro

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
You Doo guys need not worry cause I heard from a reliable source that for 16 you will have a 186"x3.4" track to push your fat heavy chassis ahead of the Poo next year. The few insiders I know that have rode it say you hardly notice the extra length and it turns much like the shorter 174" from last year:face-icon-small-ton

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Reading a doo forum thread about chassis design is like reading a poo forum thread about motors. "well, uh, ours is awesome, nothing could be better"

The front end of the doo is as laughable as the pro motor... don't get too excited about how "superior" our sleds are ;)

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Competition is great! It brings out the best, especially in 'Doo and 'Poo mountain segment lately. Similar discussion to the 'too long' 174 T3 which in my nine days on the snow so far this year has been outstanding. Not a penalty when compared to our 154 XM and PRO 155 that I rode for a day. However, I have spent some money on the front end. Wish 'Doo could learn from Poo on this one. Will be fun to see how the PRO improvements work on the snow for the masses. Either way we all win. The brand on the side of the sled matters only to the shareholders, and for the rest of us the only thing that matters is the grin on our face!

Premium Features