• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB Cans

A
Feb 16, 2014
Anybody have any comparisons on the GGB vs. HPS cans for the ETEC? The GGB Trail Can" looks to be quite a $ savings with comparable sound levels to the HPS unit. The GGB "Mountain Can" is even less $, but may be too loud? I have had HPS in the past and they worked fine, but am looking at other options.

Thanks for the feedback.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
All GGB mufflers provide a huge weight savings without loosing power. These are bench flow tested to make sure no power loss happens and in some cases power gains or noticed in the Etecs case. Also, the fit is perfect and no codes are thrown on sled. Trail Can is only 5 or so db louder than stock but yet sounds better and looses weight.

I just got my GGB can yesterday and am very impressed with the Quality of the welds and finish. The fit is really nice.

Secure ordering offered at link.

http://www.gobigparts.com/GGB-Exhaust-Cans-Ski-doo.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9pT3x5Jjbk

115-tm_thickbox_default.jpg

Last edited:

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Pleased with mine so far. Have ran hps in the past with my cats and the quality is top notch on each. Hoping the lack of ceramic coat will help my hot dogger cook like a microwave. Mountain can is loud, definitely louder than an HPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Oct 24, 2012
Maple Ridge B.C.
I have the GGB on my rmk. My prvious can(HPS) got chewed up when I broke an exhaust spring and the can bounced into the rotor as well as melted my side panel. The HPS relies on the plastic/metal exhaust port to help secure the can. (on the rmk) the GGB has 2 mounting points on that are secured to the frame of the sled. For the RMK its a much better design in my opinion. The GGB sounds great and if you are on the fence I would say go GGB.

Thanks

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
2013-2015 Ski doo Xm / Summit X T3 / XP / XS / Summit / Renegade / GSX / TNT / Freeride / 800 Etec – Mountain Can

This muffler is a super lightweight, straight through flow design with an aggressive exhaust note. System fits securely in the stock location using stock mounts and is guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

GGB Advantage
Same day shipping
Performance Guarantee
Increased throttle response
Aggressive exhaust note
Huge weight savings
No fuel mods
Simple install
Secure fit

GGB Mountain mufflers are designed to be used in areas where increased sound levels are not an issue. These cans are loud when you open the throttle. Please use accordingly. Sound level increase over stock (dbA) Idle + 4-6 / Under load + 10-18.

Fuel and clutching mods are not necessary prior to installation. GGB two stroke mufflers are flow benched developed for back pressure against the stock muffler and will perform efficiently in any application where the stock muffler would be used. Both Mountain and Trail models are guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
2013-2015 Ski doo Xm / Summit X T3 / XP / XS / Summit / Renegade / GSX / TNT / Freeride / 800 Etec – Trail Can
Lightweight muffler with a trail tuned muscle sound. Neighbour friendly. System fits securely in the original location using stock mounts and is guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.
GGB Advantage
Same day shipping
Performance Guarantee
Increased throttle response
Tuned muscle exhaust note
Lightweight Design
No fuel mods
Simple install
Secure fit

GGB Trail mufflers are specifically designed for use in populated areas and where sound levels are strictly enforced. Sound level increase over stock: (dbA) Idle + 3-6 / Under load + 3-6.

Fuel and clutching mods are not necessary prior to installation. GGB two stroke mufflers are flow benched developed for back pressure against the stock muffler and will perform efficiently in any application where the stock muffler would be used. Both Mountain and Trail models are guaranteed to provide performance levels as good as or better than stock.

11.jpg 22.jpg 33.jpg

Last edited:
F

flex2win

Oct 11, 2009
My buddy has the Mtn can on his Pro and it is the cat's meow...
It's loud, but sounds REALLY nice when he squeezes the fun flipper. Im leaning towards a GGB.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
I have the HPS on my 2015 summit x. I did a fair bit of research before buying a can. HPS is an extremely well built can and it sounds awesome, fits perfect and looks way nicer than the GGB imo. People get thousands of km out of HPS without the sound changing. They claim 3.5hp gain but they've actually seen closer to 5 on the dyno.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ftcYT61vlE

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ooRuBrqI7kw

Last edited:
A
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like the GGB may be the way to go. Having come from a MBRP canned Cat, I do NOT want a crazy Loud can. Is the "mountain can" too loud?...The mountain can sounds good on the video clips, just worried that it might be too loud, especially after some miles and the packing burns off.

Thanks again.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Off to the mountains to do the field testing.

Have two identical XM's, one with a GGB mountain can and one with a GGB trail can.

Super impressed with the fit and overall quality. Great attention to detail. Stay tuned for more info. Unfortunately there is only 3-4 feet of fresh pow from the last few days. ;)

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
Off to the mountains to do the field testing.

Have two identical XM's, one with a GGB mountain can and one with a GGB trail can.

Super impressed with the fit and overall quality. Great attention to detail. Stay tuned for more info. Unfortunately there is only 3-4 feet of fresh pow from the last few days. ;)

Take a couple videos so we can hear and compare online. I was leaning towards the slp because it's not super loud but I'm interested to hear the GGB trail can to compare. Anybody compared the slp directly with this for db levels?

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Take a couple videos so we can hear and compare online. I was leaning towards the slp because it's not super loud but I'm interested to hear the GGB trail can to compare. Anybody compared the slp directly with this for db levels?

If you do not want loud, then look at our Trail Can. Here is the db on the Trail Can

GGB Trail mufflers are specifically designed for use in populated areas and where sound levels are strictly enforced. Sound level increase over stock: (dbA) Idle + 3-6 / Under load + 3-6.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like the GGB may be the way to go. Having come from a MBRP canned Cat, I do NOT want a crazy Loud can. Is the "mountain can" too loud?...The mountain can sounds good on the video clips, just worried that it might be too loud, especially after some miles and the packing burns off.

Thanks again.

GGB Mountain mufflers are designed to be used in areas where increased sound levels are not an issue. These cans are loud when you open the throttle. Please use accordingly. Sound level increase over stock (dbA) Idle + 4-6 / Under load + 10-18.

Your question on packing:
We pack to tighter tolerances then the competition We use the best fiber glass matting in the industry. We have never received a complaint due to our muffler getting louder or needing to be re-packed.

Premium Features