• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

INEXPENSIVE REPLACEMENT SIDE PANEL ALTERNATIVE

The Bob

Premium Member
Mar 1, 2008
MN
Has anyone ordered these lately? I know awhile back they where on back ordered for a long time. I was lucky enough to grab a set before I even bought my RMK, haha.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Know this post has been going for a long time- and I got the black $60.00 panels
Tammy @ 2 cool vent makes a slick vent cover that snaps into place to keep the snow out if you don't like the stockers - Both sides!!
I used Pauls @ F-N-I side pane locking system= works great- and these panels are more flimsy than the OEM.

S/C

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Know this post has been going for a long time- and I got the black $60.00 panels
Tammy @ 2 cool vent makes a slick vent cover that snaps into place to keep the snow out if you don't like the stockers - Both sides!!
I used Pauls @ F-N-I side pane locking system= works great- and these panels are more flimsy than the OEM.

S/C

Where did you get 60 dollar panels.? I've looked and everyone seems to have hiked up prices to 199 and 239. I thought i got a set from Fix My Toys in Michigan, but even though their website listed them and I put in tge order and paid it. The next day they camcelled my order and raised the price on their website, tripled in price. What a lousy way to do a customer. Probably the last time I even look at their website.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
Dang prices went way up on these. Got my dealer trying to find a set on the old price.

I've been looking since I read this thread, can't seem to find at 60 dollar pricing. Seems everywhere jacked up prices to 199 and 239. If ANYONE can point us to sellers that are still selling at old prices. Fix My Toys in Michigan had them listed at old prices and when I put in my order and paid it, they would not honor my order and they cancelled it.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
I used water heater insulation to replace the stock heat shielding on the black indy panels. Holding up well after more than 500 miles in the mountains.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
I bought a set from Michelle at Oregon trail Sports 2 months ago for $130.00 shipped.

So I spoke to Michelle today. They are out of stock at Oregon trail sports. But funny thing. The reason she wasn't in the other day when I called, she was in MN buying a house. She is leaving Oregon and going to be running Cannon Power Sports in Cannon Falls MN. That's like 30 min from my house.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I used water heater insulation to replace the stock heat shielding on the black indy panels. Holding up well after more than 500 miles in the mountains.

That insulation was one of the first things to go on my sled. To me, it just holds the heat in. Got a GGB can, which is plenty far away from the panel. With a stock can, I suppose it could get the panel hot. Aluminum tape would fix that.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
So I spoke to Michelle today. They are out of stock at Oregon trail sports. But funny thing. The reason she wasn't in the other day when I called, she was in MN buying a house. She is leaving Oregon and going to be running Cannon Power Sports in Cannon Falls MN. That's like 30 min from my house.

This is true-
Placed my last order with Oregon Trail this morning- but will get the same service from her over @ Cannon.. she is the new GM... Plus it is part of SSI/ BONUS
If you guys are wanting the panels- ( it has been awhile since I got mine) - Don't know if they are still available ....
I would talk to Michelle- she will be @ Cannon in about 2 weeks.
( but still with Oregon till Monday next week from what she told me today)
/ Same quality of service- just a different Hat she will be wearing.
S/C

Last edited:

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
That insulation was one of the first things to go on my sled. To me, it just holds the heat in. Got a GGB can, which is plenty far away from the panel. With a stock can, I suppose it could get the panel hot. Aluminum tape would fix that.

Also running a GGB mountain can, I will remove the insulation if you haven't noticed any damage to the panel. I figured better to be safe than sorry.

hanson summit

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2011
Farm in SD
My dealer had a set in the back room and got me the old price about the 110$ for the set. And a set of grippers off an axys with 50miles for 100$. Scored:whoo:

W
Feb 5, 2016
Ive been looking all over the world for black side panels, not black pearl/metallic for the axys, i just want pure black plastic panels, anyone know of such thing?

Premium Features