• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 T3 production changes

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Come on guys we all have the best sled on snow coming for this next season and some of you are willing to walk off over a muffler? That I know I was planning on taking off anyway and I know lots if other folks were as well.

What are you going to go to stock for stock you are going to have a hard time beating the T3? In my opinion.

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
So let me get this straight you are spending $35k plus on your 3 new sleds but are bitching about buying a $500 exhaust. I dont feel sorry for you and good luck finding an entire exhaust for a truck for the same money

Most people that can afford to buy 3 sleds a year didn't get that way by rolling over and getting screwed on every deal. However small you may find the amount.

A deal is a deal, both parties need to be in agreement if the deal is changed. BRP needs to pony up something.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Most people that can afford to buy 3 sleds a year didn't get that way by rolling over and getting screwed on every deal. However small you may find the amount.

A deal is a deal, both parties need to be in agreement if the deal is changed. BRP needs to pony up something.

:amen:

S
Apr 27, 2014

Well said....i completely agree, im not backing out cause of it, just think they should make it right some how....

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC

And they did get there by not read the fine print .It does state that there may be subject to changes Read the fine print.

ski tip

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2012
BRP not delivering on T3 package

I had bought this sled for the T3 package, along with the light weight. So by removing the light weight exhaust can, and adding an extra 5lbs is going back wards in my opinion. They could offer -5lbs somewhere else on the sled
Ex (ear suspension springs) or a 300.00 credit towards accessories.
It would look on ski-doo to move forward, as they make a great product.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I got my letter telling me about the changes, or lack thereof, but what I'm wondering is how did they loose the weight. They say they met their goal without the lighter can or ported track, but they didn't say how they did it. Anyone know?

royd

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
The wait for a spring order machine like this is brutal. The letter I received today from BRP today take some of that brutality away. Thanks BRP. Not!

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
credit

ya this is not right, a deal is a deal. offer us $300 brp credit in return for their mistakes . keep the platinum customers happy... false advertisement in my eyes

B

bdt

Dec 25, 2011
Got my letter, I was very disappointed and then realized it's my fault.... I snowchecked a 12 Proclimb, tried to make it better for three years and then it dawned on me it would be cheaper to buy a Doo so I snowchecked a 15 T3. With my luck what was I expecting would happen.:doh:

M

malibuguy

May 9, 2014
Colorado
What's the fuss about ?

So , just got my letter from BRP and am puzzled by the tone of this thread . While I am new to this forum I am not new to snowmobiling or the industry . A friend called me last week and made me aware of a " Huge problem with the 2015 summits " as he knew I had spring ordered . I did some checking and looked at this thread and waited for my letter . My letter clearly states that the sled I will receive weighs less than what was originally published....... It weighs less than they told me it would ! It further states that in the interest of additional reliability they have removed two of the four rows of slots they were going to put in my track . The reason they were doing this was weight savings .... They achieved the weight savings in other areas so now rather than removing more track they left it in place . So , my sled weighs less than what they told me initially and the track in theory should last longer and require less maintenance ....... And I'm supposed to be upset with BRP . I don't get it . Thats why I was waiting for my letter . I was sure if they had actually made my sled better than what they told me originally , my letter would state that they were charging me more .But it does not say that ......... What's the gripe ? I , unlike some others am anxiously awaiting my sled and I applaud the guys at BRP for constantly pushing the edge and giving me more than I expected ........

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
the big grype is, if they would of put the stock lightweight exhaust can on like they said they were 5 months ago, your T-3 would be 5lbs lighter than what you will be getting.

Yes doo still met there weight loss goals, but it would still be lighter with the lightweight can.

Is it a big issue? I don't think so, I think its more of an issue with putting $ down on something, and then having doo change it. And the change isn't really for the better.

Either or I cant wait for my T-3 to show up!

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I think its good BRP went back to the standard can. It was posted that if you wanted to run BRP's new T3 light weight can on another summit you needed the pipe also, must have had a slightly different mounting location between the can and pipe on the T3's then the standard can. Going to the standard can now all the cans on the market already fit won't need a T3 specific can. Any after market can is way lighter then the T3 light weight can anyways. Dropping half of the ported holes on the new track is fine, too much porting can be a bad thing. BRP stated the sled is still as light as promised. Can't wait to ride my T3 this winter, have had a few of the 2015 Sp Summits show up at local dealers already the new colours are looking awesome in person so far.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
So , just got my letter from BRP and am puzzled by the tone of this thread . While I am new to this forum I am not new to snowmobiling or the industry . A friend called me last week and made me aware of a " Huge problem with the 2015 summits " as he knew I had spring ordered . I did some checking and looked at this thread and waited for my letter . My letter clearly states that the sled I will receive weighs less than what was originally published....... It weighs less than they told me it would ! It further states that in the interest of additional reliability they have removed two of the four rows of slots they were going to put in my track . The reason they were doing this was weight savings .... They achieved the weight savings in other areas so now rather than removing more track they left it in place . So , my sled weighs less than what they told me initially and the track in theory should last longer and require less maintenance ....... And I'm supposed to be upset with BRP . I don't get it . Thats why I was waiting for my letter . I was sure if they had actually made my sled better than what they told me originally , my letter would state that they were charging me more .But it does not say that ......... What's the gripe ? I , unlike some others am anxiously awaiting my sled and I applaud the guys at BRP for constantly pushing the edge and giving me more than I expected ........

A lot is we are in the middle of the summer and everybody is just got to vent.

ferniesnow

Lifetime Membership
Jun 18, 2014
eastern British Columbia
5 pages for a friggin' muffler and a few less holes in the track? It is the age of "entitlement" and all about "me", right? I am quite happy that I am a little older than that 50 mark that was posted and I can figure out what is important in llfe!

We must need snow:lalala:

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
5 pages for a friggin' muffler and a few less holes in the track? It is the age of "entitlement" and all about "me", right? I am quite happy that I am a little older than that 50 mark that was posted and I can figure out what is important in llfe!

We must need snow:lalala:

Yea, well I'm old enough to remember a hand shake and your word meaning something.

Most of us here think Ski-doo builds a good sled, or we wouldn't have snow checked.

The point of being mad about the can and track, isn't about the few hundred dollars, it's about trying to hold Ski-doo to higher standard.

We want to do business with true word and a solid hand shake company. Not a read the fineprint company!

Premium Features