• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM's Suck at Tree Riding - Video Proof

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I started riding in 1964. Sleds have evolved and so has riding technique. Pick a discipline and I have witnessed huge changes, hill climb, snow cross, cross country, water cross.
DPG, I see you have a computer, what happened to your pencils and paper?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Nice vid. Good skills, tight trees.
I don't think DPG realizes that snowmobiles can go across the side of hills and not just at the top and bottom.

ridin da yamacat

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I started riding in 1964. Sleds have evolved and so has riding technique. Pick a discipline and I have witnessed huge changes, hill climb, snow cross, cross country, water cross.
DPG, I see you have a computer, what happened to your pencils and paper?

Got both...guess what ? Trees are the same, iMountains are the same and believe it or not the snow is still white just like in 64...The only thing that's changed are today's sleds they have ALL gotten so easy to ride it's not even funny. Todays sleds are so easy to ride it's taken away from the challenge.

DPG

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
DPG,
Between what you've posted here and your stance on using the brake your either clueless or a troll... Which is it?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dunce Power Guy... now that's funny, and accurate. Sometimes I'm just flabbergasted at the stupidity of the human race. It's like a chick that hates sex because she claims the 50 dudes she's been with have all been a bad lay. At some point don't you think she'd wizen up and realize... MAYBE IT'S ME? Nope, not Dunce Powder Guy. All of us new fangled feet danglers riding automatic tree bashing sleds are an abomination to the sport. You would think after watching the decline of SW due to complete toads like Dick Punching Guy, I would learn to just take a deep breath, count to ten, and chalk it up to just A-Holes doing their thing. But a man can only take so much... go ahead buddy, now explain to us how flapping your yap about a 700# snowmobile in trees like in the OP's video has any revelance whatsoever in this thread. I get the feeling this post will fly right over your head so let me be as concise as possible. STFU!

O
Dec 6, 2007
The truely funny thing here is that DPG actually thinks he was going the same places we go today. My riding partner is old school, been riding for 40 years. He even brought out his '02 800 151 a couple weekends ago to "show us" how well "old red" could do. I can tell you he was flat whooped while those of us on easy to ride newer sleds were ready to keep riding. The notion that you are a "big man" because you can handle a heavy sled is nothing short of idiotic. Today he will be back on a modern sled, he is loathe to admit why but the fact is, new sleds are BETTER. We go more places, we have more fun for longer.

Just to clear it up DPG, nobody is offering to ride an old tank. It is on YOU to SHOW ME what a stud you are in the trees, with both feet on the boads, jusy like Jay posted. Bring it big boy. I am in for that laugh as well. Don't expect us to do it for you, bring it.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
The truely funny thing here is that DPG actually thinks he was going the same places we go today. My riding partner is old school, been riding for 40 years. He even brought out his '02 800 151 a couple weekends ago to "show us" how well "old red" could do. I can tell you he was flat whooped while those of us on easy to ride newer sleds were ready to keep riding. The notion that you are a "big man" because you can handle a heavy sled is nothing short of idiotic. Today he will be back on a modern sled, he is loathe to admit why but the fact is, new sleds are BETTER. We go more places, we have more fun for longer.

Just to clear it up DPG, nobody is offering to ride an old tank. It is on YOU to SHOW ME what a stud you are in the trees, with both feet on the boads, jusy like Jay posted. Bring it big boy. I am in for that laugh as well. Don't expect us to do it for you, bring it.

Anytime you tools want to come to Revy I'm there from November 1st to mid January or in JH from the end of January to March 1st. FYI I don't ride an old sled anymore I have an XM

DPG

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Don't make me bust out the '71 Wankel rotary Panther! :face-icon-small-win
Now there's a sled that doesn't stop Pulling Lol I don't ride the tree(can't) but think it would be fun on low visible day's .Cheers great vid.

Premium Features