• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XPS Oil

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Amsoil Interceptor

Been using it for over 10 years, in many sleds, including etecs. Never had a single problem and I've never had to clean the exhaust valves, they are always spotless (can't say that about XPS).

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
My dealer said using the synthetic blend is fine. And the sticker on the machine says to use the syn blend. I'm pretty open to other oils. Used Redline in my Rev for the couple of seasons.

R
Mar 16, 2010
I use XPS synthetic in all my sleds, zero failures.

Out of curiosity, though, what's the attraction of other oils? XPS works, is the recommended oil, I've never seen anything to suggest it is a BAD oil, and it is not dramatically (if any) more expensive than Redline/Amsoil/etc?

I guess I wonder what problem "you" are trying to fix - my RAVEs are always clean, my sleds don't blow up, "if it is not broken...." - ???? What am I missing?

Not saying Redline et al are bad, at all - I just don't see _why_ I would want to switch oils; I've yet to see anything that suggests the alternates are _BETTER_.

????

RH

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
IMO it comes down to a mix of personal preference and price. Smell comes in a distant third. Everyone that's ever followed a sled running XPS knows to either get back in front or convince their buddy to run something else haha.

I've personally ran Amsoil Interceptor/Dominator in all sleds since around 2001. I did use Polaris VES Gold intermittently when I had my Poos, but from a performance standpoint I never saw any difference at all between VES, Amsoil, or XPS (only ran a couple of gallons of XPS) I have always been able to get Amsoil at a much better price, and it's kept every motor together that I've run it through. Valves have been as easy to maintain as running any other oil. Never ran Redline, Royal Purple, etc..., but like like stated above, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Amsoil has been my go-to preference for the last decade. Will continue running it in the new sleds.

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
Redline smells amazing, so does VES gold. But are now 52 a gallon...and i can get the ski-doo for 32 gallon. So i will be running whats recommended in my new 14

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
IF I could buy it for 32 a gallon, I would probably go that route. I was just at the dealer, and saw 45. I ran through 6 gallons last year. Amsoil is equal or better for a third off...

Ace

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
Guys used to comment on the great smelling redline oil. Its $47 a gallon sweet. BRP recommends to run in XPS blend in my new 2014 summit X. $34 a gallon. I will most likely run the XPS. Kinda figure they're all mostly the same. The amsoil oil would be my second choice.

Premium Features