• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can we get a update from Bret Rasmussen Please

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Mine is. Give me a new free Mtn sled with any turbo and I'll be happy as anything. They're all good enough to have some fun on, even if there are differences. I would say most guys simply "highlight the good and leave out the bad," rather than outwardly lie about stuff. Like I say, if they're hurtin for people, sign me up. I wouldn't be too wound up over what a bunch of dudes on an internet forum think. I swear some people here would literally take a bullet for "their brand" and "their brand" has never paid them a red cent....

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Actually been around a few, and have never EVER heard of one running good there stud. Have you? I think its pretty crappy when a "reputable" company will put out a kit that just flat out doesnt work.......and people are spending their hard earned money on it. My friend took a chit kicking getting rid of his.

And dont worry about me on my little old XP. It works pretty darn good. Havent seen anything yet that Ive been inspired to replace it with.:face-icon-small-win

I can't believe you would doubt Boondocker's ability to put out AWESOME stuff the first year???? Their first try is always stock reliable, rock solid right off the bat. I just look back at every turbo they sold before 2009 or so... they were all awesome.

BUY A BOONDOCKER?

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
It is his Job but at the same time its not like all 3 are junk anyway. His film crew was on a pro. The biggest reason that he left is because he did not feel that cat was listening to him on the sled development side. He was a cat dealer for years and was huge in the M sled development. And with the proclimb they left him out. But he never had one bad thing to say about Cat other than some geometry that he did not like. But after watching him ride for a week He could ride anything and make it look good. He is right on with the handlebars if you ride like him but Its not very comfortable but sled does a lot more with the knees bent and handle bars at the correct position. but I cant ride like that all day.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
It is his Job but at the same time its not like all 3 are junk anyway. His film crew was on a pro. The biggest reason that he left is because he did not feel that cat was listening to him on the sled development side. He was a cat dealer for years and was huge in the M sled development. And with the proclimb they left him out. But he never had one bad thing to say about Cat other than some geometry that he did not like. But after watching him ride for a week He could ride anything and make it look good. He is right on with the handlebars if you ride like him but Its not very comfortable but sled does a lot more with the knees bent and handle bars at the correct position. but I cant ride like that all day.

All true. Brett is a stand up guy and a lot of people are justified in wanting to hear what he has to say. Don't be a hater deano. Nobody cares what you have to say.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
The snow better start flying soon looks like there are ALOT of ladies on here getting the panties in a bunch over nonsense. Lets bitch about something important.....like the stuff we are ALL waiting to ride on....SNOW!!!! Ya'll :crazy: for getting so spun up about one guy who hasnt said anything about a sled that was bought by LOTS of people who work hard for them and give honest reviews, I rode an XM didnt like it wanted to get back on my XP.

Now lets figure out if it is going to be a good winter or not, thats important to me not some review about a sled that has been out for over a year now.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
The snow better start flying soon looks like there are ALOT of ladies on here getting the panties in a bunch over nonsense. Lets bitch about something important.....like the stuff we are ALL waiting to ride on....SNOW!!!! Ya'll :crazy: for getting so spun up about one guy who hasnt said anything about a sled that was bought by LOTS of people who work hard for them and give honest reviews, I rode an XM didnt like it wanted to get back on my XP.

Now lets figure out if it is going to be a good winter or not, thats important to me not some review about a sled that has been out for over a year now.

Yet in the end you found it necessary to give your review. Who's :crazy:

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Actions not words

Words are words, read people's actions. I found it very interesting that the new cat came out, and Bret said it was great. Like what else would he say...right? However, if you watch the course of that next winter, how much footage was he putting out that was actually SHOWING you how great the sled was? Next to none. Burandt was putting out something new on Youtube every week because he was doing something great every week on the Pro. Bret was stuck in the shop trying to get his kitty to run right all winter.

On that same note, and maybe to the point of the original poster, Bret had a full winter on that Doo last year, and I still haven't seen much footage of him on it SHOWING me how great the new Doo is. I am very interested in the new XM chassis and might consider getting one next year, but certainly, it would help that decision if their #1 sponsored rider was so enthusiastic about the new sled that he was constantly sharing and showing off how awesome the sled is. Isn't that kind of the point of being a sponsored rider?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
You may not like it but paid endorsement works. You may not care what Joe Blow professional whatever has to say but a great deal of people out there do.

Michael Jordan now makes more money from endorsements every year than he ever did playing basketball. Last year he made $60,000,000 just from Nike. Dude hasn't laced em up in the NBA for 10 years.

Who knew??? Advertising works.........

Last edited:
C
Jan 29, 2008
Michael Jordan now makes more money from endorsements every year than he ever did playing basketball. Last year he made $60,000,000 just from Nike. Dude hasn't laced em up in the NBA for 10 years.
Who knew??? Advertising works.........

So true. Anybody that follows supercross/motocross knows that the riders don't actually make very much $ racing. BUT with endorsements the top guys make some serious bank. Why because everyone buys what the top rider rides. Companies know that. If RV rides a Kawy and no one else see's it, hear's about it. No one would buy green. But every company posts their riders everywhere so we buy their shiz. And it works. I'm still shocked that ski doo hasn't blasted him over. You could sell snow cones to a eskimo if you market it correctly. I just think they're shooting themselves in the foot by not using him.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Yeah, all smart a$$ comments aside (sorry I think I just need some snow)........it is strange that he hasnt said anything. Which is strange considering the overwhelmingly positive reviews on the sled from all brands of riders.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Is he an actual skidoo freeride ambassador or is he just doing R&D for Doo? It could be in his contract not to comment on his finding to the public. Dave norona is doo freeride ambassador and he gives public feedback all the time and helps w marketing the product.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Is he an actual skidoo freeride ambassador or is he just doing R&D for Doo? It could be in his contract not to comment on his finding to the public. Dave norona is doo freeride ambassador and he gives public feedback all the time and helps w marketing the product.

Good point... never really thought about what his "purpose" is with them.

That Dave guy... he's kinda sketchy though:face-icon-small-ton

J

Jermbob

Oct 29, 2010
Winter Park
I could care less what he thinks of how to set up an XM or anybody for that matter. But having the chance to ride with him was a pleasure, the dude can ride better than most peeps you know even with his belt buckle weighing in at 5lbs.

Just ride it the way you like it. Have fun and be safe and enjoy the gimmick.

Premium Features