• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RK Tek 860 ETEC out there and running great!

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Not picking sides, but doesn't RKT work on building Cat and Poo engines too? How do you compare him to a builder that works on one brand. How much time do you think these guys have?
My point is.. Where would we be without all of these guys? They all do good work and help out on here often too. Who cares who was first this time. It might be someone else first next time.
And I thought I left high school years ago!

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
its not the issue if im first or not...its the worry of how many in front of me if i aint the first..:lol::lol:

Just for information purposes.. RK Tek was the FIRST to build the 860 mono block and, again, the ETEC is NO DIFFERENT in its cylinder design.

The difference is in the fuel delivery and crank lubrication . SAME ENGINE, SAME BIG BORE that we have been doing since Nov 2006...Adding the changes that makes and ETEC and ETEC and a PTEK a PTEK has ZERO effect on the Big Bore Kit!

Got some more videos on this runing over the last week.. loaded on the Youtube page.. Feel free to check them out .

This engine is very impressive!!

Last edited:
R

rev_rider800

Jan 23, 2011
minneapols mn
No opinions on time frame, bone fact is Trygstad has been building the 872 for 3 yrs now with awesome success, just sayin

Your best buddy dave was also charging guys to have their computer reflashed, something that isn't even possible! So what was honest dave doing with that money and has he refunded the money he stole? Sounds like a class act to me! Not to mention the fact that he doesn't even support his old engines...just sayin

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Here's an idea... I have a Trygstad 860... Lets get a shr and rktech and settle it. I am in Utah and I know there is a ton of 860's out here.. Oh and some one to record it.. Lol! Next 2 ft dump... let's line it up.. Oh personally these treads are such a joke! But I would like to see in real word conditions how they stack up. U guy's can all see mine run in the Utah section.. Black 163... That was a 2ft powder day.. Stockers were stuck half way up..Fairview and mill hollow thread.This is to be all in good fun btw. Haha!

Last edited:

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Knocking your motor builder's competition behind your computer screen is like:
School in the summer.... No Class!

x2... With only one builder we would have nothing to compare to.. And for the consumer that's a bad thing. I know there all close... I have had a couple different one's. All comes down to setup... What I have found to be the biggest issue with any big bore is fuel.

Last edited:
C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Your best buddy dave was also charging guys to have their computer reflashed, something that isn't even possible! So what was honest dave doing with that money and has he refunded the money he stole? Sounds like a class act to me! Not to mention the fact that he doesn't even support his old engines...just sayin

??? I'm confused, there is no reflash on the etec using the 872, maybe on the ptek but how is this relevant to the topic of a etec bb. My dealer has sold about a dozen 872 etec kits, about 4 complete engines and the rest were top ends. All I'm saying is Dave developed this etec kit for almost 3 years before it was put to market, when it seems everyone else quickly put a kit on the market the same season Dave did.
When I rode my dealers 872 xm there was definitely a huge gain, he has 600 trouble free miles on that engine so far and not one complaint from his other customers.
What does the 860 kit have to keep the engine cooler? The etec runs hotter. How was that figured out or was it copied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Here's an idea... I have a Trygstad 860... Lets get a shr and rktech and settle it. I am in Utah and I know there is a ton of 860's out here.. Oh and some one to record it.. Lol! Next 2 ft dump... let's line it up.. Oh personally these treads are such a joke! But I would like to see in real word conditions how they stack up. U guy's can all see mine run in the Utah section.. Black 163... That was a 2ft powder day.. Stockers were stuck half way up..Fairview and mill hollow thread.This is to be all in good fun btw. Haha!

EXCELLENT IDEA!!--->. BUT, LONG STEEP hill pulls are what shows REAL power.. Not races...

This is a major issue with "some" engine builds.. They can only SUSTAIN the HP for very short periods of time before the power FALLS and FALLS HARD..

The TRUE test of a good kit is how long you can remain in the throttle under EXTREME LOAD and MAINTAIN the HP level that you had at the start of the ascent.. not these little 10-15 second runs that have very little to no load on the engine...

So, what do ya say we change it up to a BIG Powder pull??...

I am game (very game) we can let the results speak for themselves!!

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
EXCELLENT IDEA!!--->. BUT, LONG STEEP hill pulls are what shows REAL power.. Not races...

This is a major issue with "some" engine builds.. They can only SUSTAIN the HP for very short periods of time before the power FALLS and FALLS HARD..

The TRUE test of a good kit is how long you can remain in the throttle under EXTREME LOAD and MAINTAIN the HP level that you had at the start of the ascent.. not these little 10-15 second runs that have very little to no load on the engine...

So, what do ya say we change it up to a BIG Powder pull??...

I am game (very game) we can let the results speak for themselves!!
Sounds good to me.. That's more of what I am setup for. I am guessing you have different versions of your motor... I am running pump gas with a gallon of 110 to be safe.. I am down In Springville.. But can meet anywhere along the Wasatch front..

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Sounds good to me.. That's more of what I am setup for. I am guessing you have different versions of your motor... I am running pump gas with a gallon of 110 to be safe.. I am down In Springville.. But can meet anywhere along the Wasatch front..

I am 100% pump gas.. But you can run your mix if you like..

Got super steep hills here (on the Wasatch Front as well) and super deep snow (most of the time) Come on up when you want and we can make it happen..

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I am 100% pump gas.. But you can run your mix if you like..

Got super steep hills here (on the Wasatch Front as well) and super deep snow (most of the time) Come on up when you want and we can make it happen..

Suppose to get a little more snow next Thurs thru Sat... Let's get a couple more guy's and set it up

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Suppose to get a little more snow next Thurs thru Sat... Let's get a couple more guy's and set it up

Looking forward to it..

No fancy tracks.. Just straight up stock sled with big bore kit installed..

I run 100% stock clutching as well... Not sure it is "optimum" but works pretty well.. I am running a silencer (no performance with it, just allowed me to install my MUff Pot (very important item for me)

What clutching are you running?

Also, if I may ask, How much did your kit cost (everything included.. clutching etc.)

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Looking forward to it..

No fancy tracks.. Just straight up stock sled with big bore kit installed..

I run 100% stock clutching as well... Not sure it is "optimum" but works pretty well.. I am running a silencer (no performance with it, just allowed me to install my MUff Pot (very important item for me)

What clutching are you running?

Also, if I may ask, How much did your kit cost (everything included.. clutchingetc.)
I do have some time in my clutching.. Was running a team setup. I now run a paragon setup. Also run a crankshop pipe. No gain there but was there when I bought it. I have 9,000 in the whole sled the way it sit's. I am running the 163 non ported dealer option track for 2010. I weight around 185 to 190 fully geared up

Last edited:
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I do have some time in my clutching.. Was running a team setup. I now run a paragon setup.

Paragon is a nice clutch but expensive ($1300)

To compare the different BIG-BORE kits.. We really need to keep the $1300 clutches out of the picture, wouldn't you agree?? So, maybe throw the stock secondary back on?? Afterall.. not many people want to add $1300 more to the cost of a kit...and if the kit is making big power, it will show up just fine with the stock secondary (QRS).

Just trying to keep it apples to apples and not throw in any "oranges"

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Paragon is a nice clutch but expensive ($1300)

To compare the different BIG-BORE kits.. We really need to keep the $1300 clutches out of the picture, wouldn't you agree?? So, maybe throw the stock secondary back on?? Afterall.. not many people want to add $1300 more to the cost of a kit...and if the kit is making big power, it will show up just fine with the stock secondary (QRS).

Just trying to keep it apples to apples and not throw in any "oranges"

Lol! I understand.. I Have around 600 in my paragon.. I don't even own a stock secondary.. I can do a minute long hard pull and put my hands on clutches and leave them there. Primary is stock parts. I am running 55 to 57 mph track speed with the 163. I gained about 5 mph over the team. I think a lot of it is the heat created by the stock clutches. Thats why they fade. Mine pulls as hard at the top as it does when there cold

Last edited:
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
:face-icon-small-hap
Lol! I understand.. I Have around 600 in my paragon.. I don't even own a stock secondary.. I can do a minute long hard pull and put my hands on clutches and leave them there. Primary is stock parts. I am running 55 to 57 mph track speed with the 163

No worries.. we can still get it on.. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-dis Maybe throw the TEAM back on because it is only about $500 vs. $1300.:light:

The Paragon is one awesome clutch for sure! But not many people are willing to fork out that kind of $$ to make thier engine run.. and they should NOT be required to spend anything more than the Big Bore kit , itself, to make it run..IMO, of course..

I just noticed.. I think you have a PTEK and not an ETEC.. Is this true?

Last edited:

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
:face-icon-small-hap

No worries Well we can still get it on.. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-dis Maybe throw the TEAM back on because it is only about $500 vs. $1300.:light:

I just noticed.. I think you have a PTEK and not an ETEC.. Is this true?

Yes I have a Ptec. I ran against an 872 etech couple weeks back. He had a 154 got him bad out oh the hole and he could not catch me. 150 to 200 yard pull. I have put alot time into tuning my clutches. I think I have It perfect or close to it. I would say in all fairness I am pulling close to 10 mph over stock clutches. I also sold the team. I will never run anything but a paragon ever again

Last edited:
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Yes I have a Ptec. I ran against an 872 etech couple weeks back. He had a 154 got him bad out oh the hole and he could not catch me. 150 to 200 yard pull

LOL, well.. not sure we will reach any definitive conclusions since we are comparing apples to oranges... but I am still "game".. should be interesting and fun....I think you will be surprised at the results, regardless...
Maybe try and round up some ETEC 872's.. I have an old REV 860 (4 year old build) kicking around with a 151 track.. I can maybe bring it out as well to throw in the mix...(haven't even ran it this year) but did dumpp it onthe grass this Fall and ran against some 872s and other 860s...

Let's make it happen!

Premium Features