• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

01 800m engine mount???

E
Dec 15, 2008
Hello all,

This is my first post and I am just attempting to bring a 01 800 mountain cat back to life. I did a search and was not verry sucessful so I thought I would post.

I got everything but the engine from a friend and got another stand up 800 (complete) that I am not sure what it was out of (carb or efi).

Thanks for any help you can give me

The sled I have now has carb's and I bought a new engine for it (stand up 800) and when I went to put the engine the engine mounts do not seem to match up.

I was wondering if there is a mounting bracket kit or another way to get the engine mounted? Also any info on how to figure out if it was a efi or carb engine? Also are the efi and 800 stand up's from that era the same or if this is a efi engine am I now looking at putting a efi in this guy???

Thanks again for any info.

Ernst

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
The stator on a EFI is ALOT bigger then the one on a carb sled. Also right there next to the rope recoil the is a spot that cat used for a ground. The will be 2 brown wires grounded on a carb and only one on a EFI. If you a putting a EFI into a carb sled you will also need the EFI gas tank and fuel pump. and voltage regulator.

snowmoboarder

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
The next zone
I am pretty sure that a efi will not run on a carb system but have never tried..

The above info will let you know if you have a efi or carb motor.

Not sure about why the mounts would be different seems to me they would be the same??

Premium Features