• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Concept Front Suspension Verdict ?

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
New a fella that bought those spindles only thing he noticed was his wallet was lighter.

In a lot of snow conditions I'd agree you probably wouldn't notice. If you spend any time on sleds with custom suspension and then hop on your buddy's stock sled to help him get unstuck you'll notice right away. Is the difference huge? No, but it is undeniably better. It's up to the rider to determine if the investment is worthwhile.

D
Oct 19, 2017
Russia, Siberia
The Barcode kit has a adapter that gives you a tighter turning radius. Does make it easier to sidehill. Some how makes the sled feel much more stable when on edge. Plus your stock shocks will work with the kit. I also had their kit on my Nytro and Viper.

eK.

really interesting how this Barcode changes the sled sidehiling effect.. some times I feel, that it would be great to have a chance of turning the skis at a bigger angle, to bring the side panel closer to the mountain/snow surface...

in addition, how durable are the a-arms...?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
The Skinz front end helps to take the skidoo twitchyness out of the sled. It reacts a little more like an axys. It helps, but not worth the $1500 imo. A better waste of money would be a full set of shocks.

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
I'd run the zollinger billet front end for the same money. High clearance, corrected geometry and easier on the bulkhead in the event of a mishap.

How are they easier on the bulkhead? If anything they are stronger than stock and a lot tougher on the bulkhead. Do they have a threaded heim joint or something so the A arm fails before the Force is transmitted to the bulkhead?

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
How are they easier on the bulkhead? If anything they are stronger than stock and a lot tougher on the bulkhead. Do they have a threaded heim joint or something so the A arm fails before the Force is transmitted to the bulkhead?

A little of both.. The joints will fail first (we are running the Alternative impact aluminum ends currently) the entire upper A-arm is also designed to fail before bulkhead damage occurs.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The Skinz front end helps to take the skidoo twitchyness out of the sled. It reacts a little more like an axys. It helps, but not worth the $1500 imo. A better waste of money would be a full set of shocks.

A $250 set of Grippers takes the twitchness out.

Ace

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I want to try 34" front end,what do you think about it bro's?
On the hard and low snow i would like to have easye sidehilling

The skinz kit only goes down to 35.5 like the stock front end.

R
Nov 12, 2016
I find the G4 to be very easy to put on its side. What length sled are you on, and what do you weigh?

Ace
Summit X 154 3"
my weigh 70kg
It is good on the fresh snow
But hard to control on low snow very steep angle sidehilling
The back of the sled rotates and goes down -didn stay on the edge ..the poo axys is staing

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
So now that the 2020 expert has this EXACT spindle geometry you can send me all the take off parts seeing as they clearly don't improve functionality...

Sure buddy, I know two people that had those spindles now both sold them, preferred stock. On there next builds. I’m just reporting what they did and said.

Now I have the skinz concept front end on my sled. That front end changes the handling of the sled. Now Is it worth $1200 idk?

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
Sure buddy, I know two people that had those spindles now both sold them, preferred stock. On there next builds. I’m just reporting what they did and said.

Now I have the skinz concept front end on my sled. That front end changes the handling of the sled. Now Is it worth $1200 idk?

I ran the concept on my last build. Its a great suspension albeit a little weak on the poo chassis at least. I'm sure the spindles have more or less effect depending upon snow conditions as well.

Premium Features