• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 sub forum

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Mods, is there a way to create a 850 sub forum. Its riddled with 850 threads now and while its cool to see whats going on, It would also be nice to separate.

Just my .02

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
After seeing the amount of post about the new 850 patriot motors I think it should be brought up again for discussion. It's like when the 900 was released, so many posts!

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
to much the same on the sleds.... should we make a separate forum for the 850 ..800 ..600 ...sks...rmk...on and on it would go!

Why not? Its literally minutes of work to add a subforum to a main forum. And for people that have paid, I kinda expect some leniency on suggestions to better the forum.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I think the more you separate...the less chance of someone noticing your new thread. I think separating by generation and not each individual motor makes sense

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Mods, is there a way to create a 850 sub forum. Its riddled with 850 threads now and while its cool to see whats going on, It would also be nice to separate.

Just my .02

Yes, there IS a way.
The way opens itself when there is SIGNIFICANT DEMAND for a new sub-forum from our members.

One of the more common complaints is that we have TOO MANY forums, and that the content of the sub forums gets HIDDEN or LOST. So we try NOT to create new forums unless there is a really compelling reason to do so.

The most compelling reason I know if is a large crowd of SnoWesters yelling and screaming and demanding a new forum.:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Show me you have enough people that want this and we will reconsider it.

Show me 200+ posted requests/replies from registered members that want to see a new forum created and you will be on your way to getting what you want.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
My vote... keep it together.

My vote is not to separate it... Too much cross talk IMO.

The 2005/6 900 & 700 were separated because it was a whole different chassis than the IQ's that followed...with only a couple of similarities.
800's were still in the Edge chassis for those 2 years... and 600's were a small percentage of the sales.

Likewise, when the 800-Cfi was released in the IQ chassis we didn't bump it out from the 700's or the 600's...even though they were getting the most coverage.

If, in 2019, they drop the 800 (not likely)... then I could see it.

This is still an AXYS sled... I see no reason to have a separate 600 and 850 sub-forum just because it has a diff engine and some other small bits offered. (which will probably be in common for 2020 release of the 800/600's).

My 2¢

Last edited:

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Please just keep the browse all Polaris the same if you start segregating. There is a lot of info from all the sub forums that is usefull to me. I normally open browse all Polaris and read the new posts that have been generated without going into the sub forums. Hard core sledder has so many sub forums and their general one does not bring up all the new posts like snow west does. Needless to say I don't spend much time over there due to having to open so many sub forums just to see what is going on for the same basic sleds (pro ride rmk/ sks/ assault/ indy, and then all over again for the axys). Separating between trail and off trail does seem to make sense but every chassis variant just seems a bit much.
Many of the same issues or mods being done across the board split up in all those sub forums and somewhat redundant. Just my 2 cents.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i certainly see both view points, with valid reasons both ways....but i think that the overall interest is best served with just the one main thread....having all the interests in one thread, even if it wanders from time to time, generates interest and readership, with return viewership generating even more interest...when Howard Stern first started in radio, the station ratings went way up because people tuned in, just to hear what he would say next....i come to the main thread first, just to see where the discourse has ventured...:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
As mentioned before, this has been brought up. I actually posed this question a while back and for me I did not care either way at the time. After reading everyone's thoughts and taking into consideration Admin. here on Snowest, I think we should keep it together in Axys section.

I think that "if" the Patriot 850 ends up being a flop, has major issues and is short lived then yes I think it should be looked at to make a separate section for guys to search and view. Basically much like the 900 section but again, I think we wait and see what happens. At this point, I don't really see the major need for the creation of another sub section to look through, search and view.

I would rather wait and make a good sound decision then making a snap decision and then we all are wondering why there are extra sub sections that really are not needed.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
Why not? Its literally minutes of work to add a subforum to a main forum. And for people that have paid, I kinda expect some leniency on suggestions to better the forum.

I feel like the info is better suited together as an axys forum to pull info from like I stated above. their are lots of mods and fixes for the 850 that will be found looking at the axys forum regardless of 800/600 or 850 IE...tracks/skids/bars/steering post supports/drivers/gears/hoods/corked heated handgrips{witch I just found out was a thing :) } /bumpers/skid plats/seats/spindles/A-arms/bushings/new coolant systems/relays ....well this is getting redundant you get the idea their is a lot more to a sled than what pipe worked the best {witch can never be decided} or what clutching works the best {also just a preference} their is just to much that these sleds have in common and info. can be puled both ways ....their brothers not distant cousins.. just my 2c

Premium Features