• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha skid warranty

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm sure a few people are in the works of making a rail brace kit.

B

Boondockingak

Phone, tapatalk.
Good spot for a cooker on the Ascender.
Curious if the failure rate on the Alpha rail will be close to the 840 ......? Lol
f3f8d1cd3817ecd68987b9d66b1e9cbe.jpg

I had to do a double take as it look exactly like mine.... Same brand, same location, except for a different can....

T
Dec 3, 2014
Did it look something like this? This one broke and no real reason. Didn’t launch off anything or hit anything very hard.

if looking at it from that side yes, it looked very similar. on the shock side it broke the whole mount out in the shape of a triangle. How are you uploading pictures? I have some to upload. Also just got word from cat. It is all warranty, broken shock and all. They are releasing parts so I should see them next week.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Did it look something like this? This one broke and no real reason. Didn’t launch off anything or hit anything very hard.

That looks like the limiter strap tore it apart. Only reason that comes to mind is because a couple years ago I ran into a huge hole at speed with my Doodoo, hit the wall on the other side with the sled and my body. The way that it nosed in and the rear of the rails hit the dirt on the bottom of the hole, both my rails were bent in the back. But my limiter strap was also TORN through at the mounting bolt. The tail hitting the ground like that put a ton of pressure on the front limiter strap. I never would have thunk it if I didn't experience it.

Premium Features