• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

skinz arc

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
Is anybody else having issue with their arc system freezing up? It is the mechanical 2 stage Arc. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of snow conditions be it wet and heavy or powder it just freezes up unless I am constantly using it which hardly ever happens. anybody have suggestions on how to rectify this? Thanks

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Since you asked for suggestions, here's mine:

Toss it in the trash and do it right and get a Kmod skid. Well worth the cost.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
that's awesome that Kmod you can adjust on the fly now. Before you bad mouth something we all have a definition of right. I chose not to do a suspension for quick adjustment and love it.

We all have the 3 adjuster and never had a problem with it freezing up ever. It works awesome for us. 5-6 of us in the group have it. I would give up a lot of things, but would have a hard time giving up arc.

I will email Jake... see if he has heard of this.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
the mechanism on the shock actually freezes up with snow on it and it will not work. I had my sled in shop for days to dry out entire system including the cable. went out sledding which is a 10km road ride to the riding area and by the time I got to the riding area it was frozen up, I could not get the system to work. Pretty frusterating.

Is anybody else having issue with their arc system freezing up? It is the mechanical 2 stage Arc. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of snow conditions be it wet and heavy or powder it just freezes up unless I am constantly using it which hardly ever happens. anybody have suggestions on how to rectify this? Thanks

I notice that you are from northwestern bc , I live in ne bc and have found that things sometimes don’t work in our climate the way they do further south

Premium Features