• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 600 Etec misfire after initial warmup

M
Nov 28, 2007
I need some help as the dealers can’t figure out what’s wrong with the sled. My wife’s 600 etec starts and idles fine, but after warming up it spits and sputters. You can throttle through it and it will run fine after about 30 seconds. It won’t do this on a stand only with a load on the sled. This only happens when you first start it in the morning. The motor is warmed up properly before trying to move. Any help would be appreciated.

M
Nov 27, 2018
I need some help as the dealers can’t figure out what’s wrong with the sled. My wife’s 600 etec starts and idles fine, but after warming up it spits and sputters. You can throttle through it and it will run fine after about 30 seconds. It won’t do this on a stand only with a load on the sled. This only happens when you first start it in the morning. The motor is warmed up properly before trying to move. Any help would be appreciated.

I know you said the dealer looked at it, so they should be intelligent enough to check out your plugs...but when I was having a similar issue, the dealer said the etec plugs will have no issues for thousands of miles. Sure enough, I pulled the plugs, cleaned them up, and it ran good again. I think it was from a couple of fogging cycles with no actual heat cycles or running. Another thing to possibly have checked is your stator and coils. As electrical parts get warm, they can sometimes work differently than in the cold when they're going out. Try simple things first like the plugs and some additive, but my guess is your dealer would have done these things already. What have they tried to do?

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
Did you find problem?

Just wondering if you found the problem and what it was and what it took to fix it.

M
Nov 28, 2007
Sled still has the same problem with no results changed plugs, and the dealer checked electrical parts and stated everything was working properly. I have tried warming the sled up to almost overheating along with everything below that, and it will still misfire and hesitate for about 30 seconds and then clears up and runs fine.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Old thread I know but my wife had the exact same issue on her sled (14 XM 600). I changed the plugs and fuel filter and so far the problem has not reappeared.

J
Jan 21, 2023
Sweden
Did you get it running fine again?
Mine 600 etec seems to have the exact same problem.
New filter, plugs, temp sensor, checked the exhaust ports etc.

Premium Features