• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stupid question of the day

C
Mar 15, 2018
I can't seem to get the hood back on my '14 summit. It won't slid back far enough to line up the screws. The intake snorkel is preventing the hood from going back any further and I still need about 2 inches?????. What am I missing???

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
I can't seem to get the hood back on my '14 summit. It won't slid back far enough to line up the screws. The intake snorkel is preventing the hood from going back any further and I still need about 2 inches?????. What am I missing???

You have to connect the intake it rotates to lock down and then the sensor on the top needs to get plugged back in. You’ll also have a small clear plastic one on the chain case side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Mar 15, 2018
Yup, the problem is with the intake reattached, the hood still need to go back a couple inches for the screws to line up but it can't because of the intake. Its as if the intake tube is 2" too long, which of course it can't be.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Have owned several Summit XMs of that vintage and never had any problems when taking the hoods/body apart and reassembling. Betting if you take all back apart the mistake will be revealed.

The Sko-Doo Parts website has diagrams of all assemblies which may be of help.

Cheers!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Use wd40 to assist with sliding the plastic into the rubber thingy. I put that chit on everything.

Mort2112

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Meridian, ID
When this happens to me it's because the tab on the front isn't seated properly. Sometimes it looks like but then when you re-seat it it will drop in and lock.

Glad you figured it out.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
When this happens to me it's because the tab on the front isn't seated properly. Sometimes it looks like but then when you re-seat it it will drop in and lock.

Glad you figured it out.

Yep! Sounds like you didn’t get the front lip seated all the seat and actually slid either just above or just below the slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Jan 8, 2018
The intake tube will actually collapse into where it connects into the hood which allows the hood to go on further and into place. When you pull the hood off the rubber tube extends and when it goes back on it has to "accordian" back in if that makes sense.

Premium Features