• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help on value of a 2009 sled

ThSimpson

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2012
Holyoke, Colo
Buddy wants to sell his 2009 Summit. Around 900 miles ( hurt back, parked it in 2011). Felker set up. What is it worth? An honest value?

Thanks

R
Nov 16, 2016
Buddy wants to sell his 2009 Summit. Around 900 miles ( hurt back, parked it in 2011). Felker set up. What is it worth? An honest value?

Thanks

I am not an expert re; this, however I have purchased and sold several of the XP sleds over the last few years. These were super clean 2008/2009 XP 800cc 154s. Just recently I sold 2 of them. The 08 @ 1,200 miles brought $4,500 and the 09 @ 1,400 miles brought $4,700.
But again, both were extremely clean!

Mountain use sleds -vs- mid-west flat land use sleds will influence the price.
Mountain sleds have typically undergone more severe use.
In either case, low miles is a plus.
The use of Non-Ethanol fuel is a real plus.
In my opinion, a 154 or longer track is of more value than a shorter 146 track sled.
In my opinion, Electric start is a value. It can always be removed.
The condition of the plastic parts may be an indication of good gentle use or abuse.

Things to check:
Cylinder pressure readings..... even at only 900 miles.
Perhaps take measurements from a single point rear area to center of front suspension spindle arm centers. The measurement should be equal.
Check to see if the tunnel is straight.
Check the skids for flatness.
Look at the hy-fax runners.
Look to see if the bogie wheels been removed.
When sitting on a flat surface, check to see if the sled "lists" right or left.
Is the sled still equipped it's OEM drive belt? If so, how does it look?
Has the chain case been serviced?

The newer E-tech 800s have hurt the resale value of the P-tech (carbureted) machines. They also offer T-motion.

A nice clean low mile XP 800 154 P-tech will likely be in the $4K +/- range.
In my opinion, if you are looking at $5k+ for one, you may as well toss in a bit more $ and buy an E-tech sled.

By the way..... I know that this is a 2009 Summit..... but which one (engine, track, etc)..... and what is he asking for it?
If you do buy it, and if this would be an upgrade for you, you will like it.

Here is a link to a buyer's guide. It may be worth the read!
http://oregonsnow.org/Safety/buyers-guide.aspx

Good luck
Rick E.

Last edited:
R
Nov 16, 2016
08/09s with average mileage are $3-4k in my area but clean low miles are almost the same price since $4500+ gets you an etec.

I am in the PNW..... NW Oregon to be exact.
Our sleds out here are typically mountain sleds.
I would love it if $4.5K would get you a nice clean and low mile 800 154 E-tech machine!

I'm happy to say that the market was able to bear $4.3K and $4.7K for our previous clean and low mile 08 and 09 XP 800s.

Just last year paid $6.3K and $6.9k for two very clean and very low mile 2014 800 XM E-tech machines. Electric and pull start, perfect plastic, tunnel bags and LinQ systems, extended glove box, and LED head light system on one, etc.

We are both middle age, and do not feel the need to have the latest technology. These are great for us.

2013 and 2014 800s 3.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features