• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 xm 600 etec 154 any known problems

biggdaddy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2008
I just picked up a 2014 xm 600 etec 154 with elec start and and only 220 miles and still in break in24 percent remaining. From everything I can find these sleds seem to be very reliable and low maintnence. Is there anything I am missing or should do prior to taking the wife or daughter out for a ride? Also is there any upgrades or things necessary? Thanks

R
Nov 16, 2016
I just picked up a 2014 xm 600 etec 154 with elec start and and only 220 miles and still in break in24 percent remaining. From everything I can find these sleds seem to be very reliable and low maintnence. Is there anything I am missing or should do prior to taking the wife or daughter out for a ride? Also is there any upgrades or things necessary? Thanks

I have found that Skidoo is very good at offering information via VIN. You can call or visit your local Skidoo dealer and see if they are willing to look up the VIN as to see if there were any re-calls or issues with your sled.

I have two of the 2014 XMs in the 800cc E-tech 154" track version.
Each has been excellent so far.

If you plan to ride double, keep an eye on your hy-fax runners, and make sure that no one has removed the inner bogie wheels.
A few years back, I owned a XP 800 154" track sled whereby the previous owner had removed the inner bogies.
I didn't give much thought to that!
First thing I had to do was to replace the hy-fax runners.
The new set of hy-fax runners were all but gone in short order.

I ended up installing the inner bogie wheels along with yet another set of hy-fax runners.
I sold the sled and suggested that the new owner keep an eye on them.

Rick E.

Last edited:
R
Nov 16, 2016
Fresh gas and a few pumps of grease into the skid zerks. Blow the clutches out every few rides with compressed air.

I'll suggest using Non-Ethanol gasoline ONLY. It costs more, but it is well worth it! The E-10 and E-15 is F'ing up our systems during both the season and the lay-up period.

For years now I've been using Non-Ethanol gas in all of my toys, lawn and garden equipment.

Last edited:
Premium Features