• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 xm can issues

ghostrider73

Lifetime Membership
Mar 7, 2010
Is there a fix out there for the Xms that won't run with certain brands of cans? Have a buddy sled bogs and runs on one cylinder with can installed factory muffler runs like a top thx in advance.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Is there a fix out there for the Xms that won't run with certain brands of cans? Have a buddy sled bogs and runs on one cylinder with can installed factory muffler runs like a top thx in advance.

The issue is not the snowmobile, it is the can.

Some are junk, some are not. Some use a flow bench and dyno when building their cans, some just weld up a can and sell it.

HPS, Dyno-Port, Straightline Performance are all good options. Tested and proven products.

Do you buy your boots at WalMart? Or your gloves? If not why? Probably the same reason buying the cheapest can is also not a good idea....

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I agree with FEZ. Etec's can be finicky when it comes to silencers. Have seen them drop 4-500 rpm with nothing but a can swap.
HPS is the only one I have personally not seen or heard of an issue. There may be others, that's just been my experience.

triumphtriple

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2013
Slp can

I'm running the SLP can on my xm and haven't had any issues. Not too loud and saved some weight which is a plus.

Premium Features