• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled has a hicup

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
16 sp800 t3 with 100 miles on it last season then stored for summer with half tank of fuel and on a battery tender. I fire it up pull it in the shop and install BTLD quick clickers. Take it the next day and ride it and it has one hell of a miss to it. Like holding the throttle steady it jerks like a miss, then I WOT and it either comes out of it or falls on it's face till you stab the throttle again then it comes out of it and runs great at WOT. Any ideas? I just sucked all the fuel out of it at lunch and will put fresh 91 in it to see if that helps but anything else I should check?

Brando18299

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2014
Redmond, WA
Plugs and filter as mentioned above. And if you must store it with fuel in it at least stabilize it and run a little before putting away for summer if you didn't the last time.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The sled now has 500 miles on it. It has been fixed by the dealer under warranty.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
They put new plugs in it and checked fuel pressure all good there. Then they found my y-pipe was loose and leaking some oil which wound up in my clutch. They replaced the gaskets and cleaned the clutch up and put a new belt on it. Runs like a raped ape now.
Hope this helps.

Premium Features